BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thank god for plastic Vespid. The artwork and concept of insectlike troops that weren't nids are both great, but the current minis look horribly outdated

I think one reason to do supplements for Ultramarines and Black Legion is to make them not bog standard. I think (and hopefully GW agrees) that "bog standard" should be the jumping off point for your own creation. If an organization is named in the background it shouldn't be the definition of vanilla. And really, Black Legion and Ultramarines are not considered "normal" in-universe.

I am intrigued by the rumours of additional models.

Whilst peculiar in that so far, it's rumoured only for Tau Mercs (which is the only book I'm not convinced by, rumour wise), it would certainly make sense. It's the ideal meeting point of new toys and new rules, without having to wait for the whole new Codex run.

This means they could do a single kit for any given race, and still have it sell well. This means we may see more randomised releases, as opposed to 'Codex, Codex, Army Book, Wave, Codex, Army Book' type thing, as the Appendexes (it will catch on. IT WILL. OK it probably won't) don't seem to be held up so far, being released against pretty much anything.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    Chaos Space Marines
    Black Legion (2013)

-August 2013 digital, Physical book later.
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!

Physical book later. Grrrrrrrr >:-(

Isn't 3 months roughly the time taken for book printing and distribution? Maybe the digital copy is released to reinforce the popular bits, and perhaps help unpopular bits (such as the upgrade for the Riptide's Nova Reactor) quickly after codex release.

WTB:
    Eldar Exodites
    Eldar Corsairs (Or revised IA 11)
    Tau Mercs
    Ravenguard
    (Maybe White Scars)

With any luck this supplement kick will kill off Gw's white dwarf codexs for good. What i want to see is a guard supplement with all the create your own regiment creation tree like they had back before the 5th edition codex was released. And 13 company, definately want to see that. I love wulfen.

I won't believe the plastic Aspect Warriors until they're in my cold, dead hands. (Or pics).

I think all the digital content, including supplements, is precisely there to prevent WD codices in the future. I mean, why give stuff away for free when they can sell it?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

The real purpose of the WD codex is to eliminate a book that has run out of stock, and no longer fits within the game. Sisters have a WD list because Codex: Witchhunters broke a number of the conventions and changes that were made with Codex: Grey Knights. It was less about getting an update out for them as it was eliminating a problem book from a production/rules standpoint.

Brother-Captain

And never ever reprinting it or collecting it.

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast