BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Alert! Jokaero Wartroop incoming!

While I've still got some Hrud, Chaos and non-40k on the bench, I found myself in the mood for some goofy conversions of the Black Reach Ork Boyz. I present to you; 20 Jokaero! Now I only need to convert an Ape-Coteaz to make this playable.

Since I'm incapable of making anything Xenos not-weird, I decided Jokaero were ape-shaped flesh-shells over a tangle of metallic tentacles which could poke out of the ankles and wrists. Far from my best modeling/painting, but a fun side-project. Also something of an experiment with a style of quick hair/fur sculpting.

Chaplain

PLANET OF THE AAAAPESSSS. Nice to see the space monkeys get some love!

Chapter-Master

ha! that's a good use of the black reach ork models! I still have mine in a bag somewhere collecting dust, I never liked Orks but I like what you've done with these ones.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Scout

The Jokaero in the middle, first row, second pic. I don't know why, but he thrills the heck outta me, staring off with his beady eyes. Outstanding work, and brave! Is this going to grow into a whole army?

Oooh oooh oooh aaah aaah aaah!

:3 thanksh, all. I doubt I'm going to make these into a full army, but I'm fiddling with designs for a cyborg-ape Coteaz so I could use it as an allied detachment.