BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

yes we need the goods on the Eldar nerf bat extravaganza. Its like Forgeworld didn't want to sell any more Eldar stuff from what I have been seeing

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro1
    thanks to our friend there:

ELDAR LYNX - RIP

FRONT AV: -1 (yes equal to a hornet, and less than every standard Eldar skimmer tank).
    SIDE AV: -1 (same as above)
    REAR AV: +1 (a boobie prize)

Has the same field as the Phantom and Revenant, but as a Super Heavy (even though a Fast Skimmer type) still no Jink.

PULSAR: -1 Shot

An Imperial Shadowsword is now just 35 points more, with twice the range (at least before the Lynx had twice the shots at half the range), 3 more HPs, 3 more front AV, 2 more side AV and 1 more rear AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by KR3LL
    Sorry I left this out. Pulsar is 'Primary Weapon 2' at 60"
    Not impressed.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

So what I am hearing is this: If you don't use flashlights as your primary weapon or wear a Space Can and have pointy ears and your name rhymes with Car, don't buy Forge world...

single manly fusillade of tears

wow, forge world, just...wow

Chapter-Master

What? For the love of god...why FW?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FW
    Because **** YOU that's why! *table flip*
    Probly.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Cos we just don't need your money any more Eldar players.

Battle-Brother

People buying Eldar will make the high ups tell them to keep making more grav vehicles for the various races. This is more effort than making countless variations of the same treaded vehicles which they love doing, so they made the rules for anything else really bad so they get to avoid making more grav vehicles as they don't sell thanks to poor rules.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    What? For the love of god...why FW?
    You think you're mad?

Yeah... I'm downright LiVID.

How the F*CK could they justify loweing the nerf hammer so badly on these guys AND making them more expensive?

I can see why people would buy them over scorpions but why not just make the scorpion BETTER?

EDIT: THere HAS to be something missing from the story here. Does the Lynx count as a flyer now maybe? Thats the only reasoning I can think for the drop of AV, halving its offensive forepower, and then making it MORE expensive - especially as the new Apoc rules didn't really favor the lynx anyways.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 08-05-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I feel you mate. I don't own any of them, and now never will. The smashing is just appauling. I'm worried about what they'll have done to Hornets, are they going to kill the last FW unit?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I feel you mate. I don't own any of them, and now never will. The smashing is just appauling. I'm worried about what they'll have done to Hornets, are they going to kill the last FW unit?
    I just sent a scathing email to FW telling them that not only am I not going to buy the book from them, I'm not going to buy any more models from them period. How could I?

A models worth is not only due to its quality, size, asthetics - but also in its rules and what it does for you on the battlefield. How can I spend my money on anything at FW knowing that they're willing to just eviscerate the rules of the unit? To be honest, I'm not all that thrilled on the Lynx model - but I bought them because they were priced right for dealing with my friend's 2 warlord and 1 imperator titans and all four mega daemons. THATS why I bought those models. Maybe its for the wrong reason but its just a sad fact of the hobby.

Here's a better question.

If I'm an Eldar player, did FW give me ANY REASON whatsoever to pickup this book? So far I don't see any.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast