BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

uh, dude. uh, that's the way *all* imperium tanks look.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quite excited to get my hands on the shooty versions of the Centurions. Never got around to building my Oblits, and even the melee versions look like a good base for Oblits. Nurglefication on its way.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    GW just posted the Teaser for the Centurions!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nRflfyievk[/url]
    Heh I'm guessing this might be why I actually like these Centurions as I loved Exosquad as a kid. That cartoon kicked all kinds of *** and didn't shy away from some very serious material in its storylines. Course seeing the Centurions painted up in Imperial Fist colours helped too. I wasn't that fond of them as Ultramarines, but in glorious yellow and red with those Angry Marine-esque helmets. Yes please!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    uh, dude. uh, that's the way *all* imperium tanks look.
    No ,all imperial tank follow a similar aesthetic style ,this one looks as if they took a few different concept sketches ,crushed them into a single render and didn't bother making it all work together.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by nicromancer View Post
    No ,all imperial tank follow a similar aesthetic style ,this one looks as if they took a few different concept sketches ,crushed them into a single render and didn't bother making it all work together.
    Yeah but their "similar aesthetic style" basically boils down to "I'll take a bit of this WW1 era tank, some of this WW2 era tank and a bit of that one too and some modern tank elements and a dash of sci-fi for good measure, throw in a blender, hit the switch and pour out a new imperial tank". By that standard, this new Stalker tank fits right in.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 08-08-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Hi all, It's my first post so don't blame me too much if it's in the wrong section, since is a space marine rumor, also if coming from back 30k, seems nice to place it here instead of open another topic.

to make a long story short,

28mm scale, Vulkan Salamanders Primarch.
    Don't know the truthness of the origin, but seems in line with the other primarchs...

it has not in my opinion the tipycal african face traits seen in various pics for salamanders..

Veteran-Sergeant

If I had won the Powerball last night and woke up to these rumors today I'd have flown to GW, slapped Jervis in the face, then thrown a million dollars at him and told him to get Phil Kelly in here to write me a real book.

Chapter-Master

I actually think a huge improvement could be made to the centurions by cutting the extra toes off to the sides and rear and leaving them with more normal looking boots so they look like they are advancing. the four toed dreadnought feet work fine on the wide legged dreadnought, but look a bit odd on more humanoid shaped models, makes the legs spread wider at the bottom than top
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

The one in the back is clearly supposed to be advancing, but you'd never be able to tell from the angle. Seriously, these are some wonky little dudes that have taken the dislocated shoulder look of the Space Marines and run screaming off into the night with it. They really remind me of the Obliterators they released with C:CSM only wads of armor plate instead of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by nicromancer View Post
    It kinda reminds me of [URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine-Vehicle-Accessories/RHINO---PREDATOR-REINFORCED-ARMOUR.html"]this[/URL], which is fine in my book. More angles on it would be nice, as well as seeing the other turret option.