BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidal View Post
    So with that in mind, what reason does an Eldar player have to get the unique FW units?
    Because you're apparently the only one in the world that considers the GW models better than the FW variants.

The Shadowspectres are amazing models, likewise for the entire Eldar FW line. They're simply awesome.

The only model in the line that I'm not thrilled with is the Phantom's face - if it was the spartan helmet that the Rev got it would be awesome. The Corsairs I could give or take also.

The nightwing and phoenix are heads and tails above and beyond better models (and rules-wise for that matter) than the silly Droopywing kit that we got.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Because you're apparently the only one in the world that considers the GW models better than the FW variants.

The Shadowspectres are amazing models, likewise for the entire Eldar FW line. They're simply awesome.

The only model in the line that I'm not thrilled with is the Phantom's face - if it was the spartan helmet that the Rev got it would be awesome. The Corsairs I could give or take also.

The nightwing and phoenix are heads and tails above and beyond better models (and rules-wise for that matter) than the silly Droopywing kit that we got.

What do you think of this Nightwing conversion kitbash I'm doing then Def.? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nightwing.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	4533

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by AlaitocJib View Post
    What do you think of this Nightwing conversion kitbash I'm doing then Def.? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nightwing.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	4533

I appreciate what you've done thus far and it is far better than any others that I've seen previously.

But, if you're prepared to shell out for a Falcon and a Crimson Hunter, why not just get an original Nightwing?
    It'd have run to roughly the same cost as the kits that you are converting from.

Whilst we're talking about Eldar conversions, and not wishing to de-rail the thread, you could do worse than check out this conversion that I came across in the Webway.
    I think it's incredible!

[url]http://eldar.arhicks.co.uk/miniatures/eldar/craftworld/pegasus_1.php[/url]

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    I appreciate what you've done thus far and it is far better than any others that I've seen previously.

But, if you're prepared to shell out for a Falcon and a Crimson Hunter, why not just get an original Nightwing?
    It'd have run to roughly the same cost as the kits that you are converting from.

Whilst we're talking about Eldar conversions, and not wishing to de-rail the thread, you could do worse than check out this conversion that I came across in the Webway.
    I think it's incredible!

[url]http://eldar.arhicks.co.uk/miniatures/eldar/craftworld/pegasus_1.php[/url]
    Oh I have plenty of Falcons and One CH and a Hemlock. I just wanted something a little edgier. The extra pieces were leftover from the kits and anything I didnt have I picked up cheap on ebay. The main body is actually a dark eldar razorwing I had picked up incredibly cheap as well. Nothing went to waste. And while I like the Nightwing, I wanted something a little more condensed but to still look extremely fast. Thats what I came up with.

As for the pegasus, I've watched that guy for a few years now. Partly where the inspiration do these custom builds I have came from. Great guy I think.

They look good for a deep-striking option. 18" range is in the sweet spot for "not too risky and still in range" imo. Give the exarch a haywire blaster and ghostlight the squadmembers' shots for a high str lance for 3 easy hullpoints. That will run you under 150 points for a decent chance at a vehicle kill. The other str and AP options are cool, I fell like they can see a lot of use. All I know is that they do haywire and anti-infantry jobs a bit like scourges for some leaner points.

Is it me or do they cause fear as well now seems kinda silly on a non cc unit, also I am curious to see what they do with the ss phoenix lord.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234