BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Larger FOC with a third HQ is a pretty good idea, though it would be nice if it gave 2 more troop slots as well like normal allies.
    Spike Rifles and Stranglewebs on Termies are nice, but why a new box for them? Lots of models in finecast still that could use plastic, and would make nice dual-kits (Hive Guard/Tyrant guard, Biovore/Pyrovore, Zoanthrope/Venomthrope, Warriors need a new kit far more, which could include wings and parts to make a Prime)
    Big Bug? Sounds like a downsized Dominatrix. If it bumps the Tervigon out of HQ, that's a good thing.
    I don't believe the new box for Termagants personally. And did I read right they were infering it would be a duel kit with genestealers or am I just msisreading things in my lack of sleep?

Well, 2 Chaos, 2 Imperial, 2 Xenos so far.
    Nids mainly need rules work, and more models in plastic. And the Harpy to not suck.
    IG needs certain models in plastic badly, and some rules work. Maybe make the Valk/Vendetta anti-ground, then introduce a new fighter like the Thunderbolt.
    Orks are in decent shape, just need certain models in plastic and some rules tweaks for balance.
    I can see Necrons, Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Eldar as being especially vey easy to update after all the support they got in the previous edition (I imagine all of those will likely be the last ones to get codices...).

Not sure how I feel about IG, I think they should have smaller/better infantry plastics to put them in scale (not to mention I find cadians and catachans to be pretty ugly) but i guess that is more bias on my part.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I don't believe the new box for Termagants personally. And did I read right they were infering it would be a duel kit with genestealers or am I just msisreading things in my lack of sleep?

I can see Necrons, Grey Knights, Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Dark Eldar as being especially vey easy to update after all the support they got in the previous edition (I imagine all of those will likely be the last ones to get codices...).

Not sure how I feel about IG, I think they should have smaller/better infantry plastics to put them in scale (not to mention I find cadians and catachans to be pretty ugly) but i guess that is more bias on my part.
    Necrons mainly need a good Lord/Cryptek box with options. And some rules fixes to bring Night Scythes a bit more into line with balanced fliers.
    Grey Knights are pretty good kit wise, but could use a few new options to flesh out their list, like Chaplains, full up Inq Stormtroopers, and GK Jetbikes. Then a few rules fixes, like making Crowe/Brotherhood Champions actually useful, making Psychotroke grenades maybe a relic, and less FOC shuffling.
    Space Wolves need AA, probably the Hunter/Stalker will show up in their book.
    Blood Angels really just need rules tweaks.
    Dark Eldar need their Void Raven and missing characters, then Wracks/Haemonuculus in plastic to cover all the missing wargear options. And hopefully Dais of Destruction will become a larger version of the Raider/Ravager, not just Vect's ride.
    Last edited by MajorWesJanson; 08-13-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

A good way to fix the harp would be to give it a single attack and potentially low WS, but a base S of 7 or 8, that would mean that while it still would suck in melee (where it shouldn't be) it would have an awesome VS. Oh and a gun on our AA that can actually shout fliers would be just dandy.

I did speak to some writers and marketing folks recently who said Sisters are DEFINITELY in the works. They are just a ways off. They need the Dark Eldar/Necrons treatment, which is great. I'd rather they are done later, but properly, than rushed out.
    My theory is that Gw are trying to limit themselves to a single "risk" release each financial year.

DE, Necrons, daemons? we're big risks for them, separated by solid sellers.

As such I'd expect Sisters to be in some time next year.
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Fly Lord

via BoLS 8-14-2013

Two new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentive powers.

Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricy.

Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.

Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

lictors would still be stupid naff with those rules, ymgarls, while cool really have no reason to exist, that was the job of lictors.

Whats the reliability of this source like bigred? Its definitely feels like wish listing this far out from the codex, remember the space marine codex has been an anomaly so far.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

Sounds awesome!!
    It will finally give me an excuse to start Tyranids

Im glad a horde army is being redone id just perfer if it was the orks..
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by Vangrail View Post
    Im glad a horde army is being redone id just perfer if it was the orks..
    At the current rumors and rate of release, Orks will be within 6 months of Nids, with IG in between.

The Lictor still SUCKS! Now we have to pay more for a bad rules wise mini? There better be more rules to it, but from what the rumour said, we have the same crappy lictor with a "surprise" rule and have to pay MORE for it? WTF? I guess it will not be tradition for Tyranids if they don't have a sucky lictor.

At least that frees up the Elite slot though.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Chapter-Master

Ymgarls really are what Lictors should be. I wonder if GW will ever realize that.

Grey Knights are pretty good kit wise, but could use a few new options to flesh out their list, like Chaplains, full up Inq Stormtroopers, and GK Jetbikes. Then a few rules fixes, like making Crowe/Brotherhood Champions actually useful, making Psychotroke grenades maybe a relic, and less FOC shuffling.
    Grey Knights don't have Chaplains, nor, thanks to Brotherhood Champions, do they need them. And Chaplains suck anyways, it would probably be a waste of paper.

Grey Knights do need those FOC swaps, though. Grey Knight units are too expensive to allow you to take much outside of your troops. With FOC swaps, they are a diverse and flexible codex. Without FOC swaps, you'd end up with only one or two builds. One is good codex design, the other isn't.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 5 of 130 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast