BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Space Hulk is ready for download on Steam

For those Space Hulk enthusiasts who purchased the latest video game, you can download it now. I'm doing so right now.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Librarian

I'm still on the fence about getting it. $30 seems a bit high for only 15 missions.
    Anyway, please do follow up with your thoughts on the game!

First-Captain

well, I wont buy it at full price, simply because of the graphics... they are so bad imo that they destroy the atmosphere...
    when it's on sale i'll likely get it though...

Veteran-Sergeant

Just downloaded it (I preordered on Steam). Can't say I'm too impressed; the graphics indeed aren't promising, nor is the voice acting. However, it's nice to have an alternative format to play Space Hulk on when I don't have an opponent and I want to kill some genestealers though.

TL : DR (It really wasn't very long, so this is for the super-lazy): Wait for a Steam sale.

How is the game play though?
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    How is the game play though?
    It is like the board game. If you like the board game, then you'll like this. It is a good way to get some gaming in with my group, especially since one of them just moved to the East Coast.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Occuli Imperator

Next steam sale is at Christmas...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Pre-ordered it, downloaded it, played tutorial missions and failed twice at first mission. Loving it so far.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chaplain

Having never had the opportunity to play the actual board game, I am am loving the opportunity to see what the fuss is all about. I did get to play the DOS version of the game years ago, and this is in many ways similar. It is much more of a board-game in video format than a "Videogame modeled after a board game". Being able to multiplay should prove most entertaining with my friends. The Textures and lighting are all nice; some of the animation is a bit clunky but they have fun little bits such as the hazy shoulder-cams of all of the termies as they are moving. Just about to start the real missions but right now it is gloomy, noisy, and 40k.

4/5 Termagaunts

I like it, gotta support these kind of efforts, cos turn-based is the only way for me...there´s not much to choose in that category, ESPECIALLY in WH40K -realm...plus i don´t like DoW (real-time crap... )...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast