BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 101 of 154 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1533

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    So Broadsides are terrible, too? Because they're more expensive (65pts base), more vulnerable to Instant Death, are limited to a squad size of 3, and share the lack of an Invulnerable save. I mean, it's not like I've ever seen any Broadsides in tournament lists, after all.

So since Marines all have 3+ saves, losing your 4+ cover means you die so easily that anything with said 3+ becomes worthless? How will Marines ever win?
    Broadsides come with a built in defense option called drones. THey also have a lot more firepower. Not really comparable. I don't consider it a whine to point out a unit may be overcosted and not very useful in an army. Every codex has point losers and point winners. Considering the general blaise opinion of the model's appearance the usage of the model will depend solely on its utility. So far the Rumors are making them sound a bit weak and overcosted. Final print will let us know how useful they will really be. Right now with the information supplied I am finding a hard time working the 180+ point unit into my army list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    It isn't the same AP. It is AP4 vs AP2. One give you +1 on the damage table, the other does not.
    So, you have a missile that will reliably penetrate the heaviest of fliers, and when it does, has a very likely chance of doing some major damage. Or you have a take that puts out a lot of firepower.
    A fair point well made. Damn my stupid eyes!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    Broadsides come with a built in defense option called drones.
    The only problem with those being that you might lose a drone or two and flee off the board.

Chaplain

Probably totally unreasonable of me, but why don't we wait till we are building army lists from the same codex that these new units come from before we talk about how they are terrible and wont fit into our lists .

With regards to Tigurius, is he not supposed to be pretty much the most powerful human psyker alive? From what I have in my head for eldrads rules right now(don't have my book so don't murder me if im wrong!) but it seems that when comparing the two tigurius is just more flexible(or possibly more wreckless) in the type of powers he uses while eldrad has more casting potential but restricts the type of powers, so therefore eldrad is more powerful but more disciplined? I cant remember eldrads rules completely right now so maybe ive got it wrong...

Chapter-Master

Except the violent applicaiton of power would be pyro and biomancy and stuff.

I'd wager people playing Marines with him will roll once on Biomancy and twice on Divination.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Except the violent applicaiton of power would be pyro and biomancy and stuff.

I'd wager people playing Marines with him will roll once on Biomancy and twice on Divination.
    roll once? You have a 1/6 chance to get what you want. More likely, they will roll multiple times on Biomancy, and then take default Divination.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

You're rerolling those remember. So a 1 in 3 chance of Iron Arm (cos lets face it thats what people want). No one will be complaining hes "easy to kill" when hes T7 with Eternal Warrior.

Then 2 on Divination, rerolling gives you a good chance of say the 4+ Invuln, or rerolling all his own saves and to hits. And then one to give rerolls to a squad....

People may says hes easy to kill cos hes only 2 wounds....but he has the potential to be T7 with a 4+ Invuln, rerolling all failed saves....

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these rules rumours are fake, though. We got the WD leak unusually early but now we don't usually get reliable rules rumours until people start getting their books early AFTER pre-orders are up. We are still weeks away from pre-orders and apparently people have a codex already. Some of them are probably accurate, gleaned from WD but interspersed with a lot of fiction. At least I hope so.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Some of the rumours smack of early leaks or printer copies.

Stuff like the Thunderfire cannon not changing at all. Thats not the sort of thing that would be printed in WD, nor is it the sort of rumour I can see someone making up.

As you say, only time will tell.

The one thing I have learned from the internet is people love to act like they know something even if the pea rolling around in their noggin has been half eaten by fungus.