BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 103 of 154 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1533

He's also not necessarily going to be as good as people are saying.

To be fair to Tigurius, he has always been The Most Powerful Living Human Psyker. He shouldn't be better than Eldrad, sure, but he's meant to be epic.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 08-16-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Veteran-Sergeant

VARRO TIGURIUS:
    Tigurius is Mastery Level 3.
    He knows all Psychic Disciplines.
    He can re-roll his dice when determining his psychic powers.
    He can re-roll Reserves rolls(even successful ones).
    The Hood Of Hellfire is now a Psychic Hood that lets him re-roll failed Psychic Tests.
    Costs 165 points (down from 230 points).
    Tigurius has the same stats.
    I see the new HQ for my Imperial Fists.

Divination: "Devastators, you now reroll to hit AND reroll armor pen. GO!!!"

I am going to go out on a limb here: there is no way Tigurius' rumours are correct. You cannot have all that and also be 65 points cheaper. No way. Either something's missing here (a liberal dose of the phrase "once per game" maybe) or some stuff has been made up.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Iron Father

I think the one rumour that bothers me the most is the not allowing players to use a "counts as" character from one chapter in another. To me this just doesn't make sense. Sure I can see from a narrative "fluff" perspective but what about those players who have a Blood Ravens army, a Death Spectres one or many non founding chapters. Sure you could say you use the characters from their progenitor chapter. But what if your home brew or your founding is unknown ?
    Does this then mean your Ultras can't use the Salamanders rules for a game ? Or your green Telion is no longer legal ?
    I just can't see this rumour being true.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Champion of Ultramar

Quote Originally Posted by AirHorse View Post
    Probably totally unreasonable of me, but why don't we wait till we are building army lists from the same codex that these new units come from before we talk about how they are terrible and wont fit into our lists .

With regards to Tigurius, is he not supposed to be pretty much the most powerful human psyker alive? From what I have in my head for eldrads rules right now(don't have my book so don't murder me if im wrong!) but it seems that when comparing the two tigurius is just more flexible(or possibly more wreckless) in the type of powers he uses while eldrad has more casting potential but restricts the type of powers, so therefore eldrad is more powerful but more disciplined? I cant remember eldrads rules completely right now so maybe ive got it wrong...
    HA!
    Tigurius "more reckless".
    I never thought I'd see the day where someone thought the most insanely disciplined guy in the most insanely disciplined Chapter might be "more reckless"!
    But I guess if there was ever a comparison to anyone that might make that a fair assessment, it'd be Eldrad.

But yea, Tigurius IS supposed to be an inconceivably powerful psyker. Indeed, he's thought to be the most powerful psyker in the Imperium, aside from The Emperor himself.
    Like, the guy has been doing stuff that the rest of the Imperium doesn't understand/think is possible for ages now, and if he was anything but the most trusted/respected/well-known/disciplined/proven Chief Librarian around, he'd've been executed just to be on the safe side many many times by now.
    He's also a hugely gifted seer, apparently making him fairly unique among the Imperium's psykers (who generally aren't capable of any sort of divination at all). In fact, he's famous for his amazing skills in divination.
    And it's possible that he has telepathically tapped into the Tyranid Hive Mind in order to discern its machinations, a feat thought to be impossible and a path to instant madness for any psyker less powerful than The Emperor himself.

So, just sayin', the dude IS supposed to be REALLY crazy powerful.
    *shrug*
    Last edited by The Emperor's Champion; 08-16-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Edwards View Post
    Not only can he roll for powers from every discipline but he can re-roll if he doesn't like it and then re-roll failed psychic tests (and thus basically guarantee that his abilities will go off).
    The fact that you have to roll for powers in the first place is stupid.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor's Champion View Post
    HA!
    Tigurius "more reckless".
    I never thought I'd see the day where someone thought the most insanely disciplined guy in the most insanely disciplined Chapter might be "more reckless"!
    But I guess if there was ever a comparison to anyone that might make that a fair assessment, it'd be Eldrad.

But yea, Tigurius IS supposed to be an inconceivably powerful psyker. Indeed, he's thought to be the most powerful psyker in the Imperium, aside from The Emperor himself.
    Like, the guy has been doing stuff that the rest of the Imperium doesn't understand/think is possible for ages now, and if he was anything but the most trusted/respected/well-known/disciplined/proven Chief Librarian around, he'd've been executed just to be on the safe side many many times by now.
    He's also a hugely gifted seer, apparently making him fairly unique among the Imperium's psykers (who generally aren't capable of any sort of divination at all). In fact, he's famous for his amazing skills in divination.
    And it's possible that he has telepathically tapped into the Tyranid Hive Mind in order to discern its machinations, a feat thought to be impossible and a path to instant madness for any psyker less powerful than The Emperor himself.

So, just sayin', the dude IS supposed to be REALLY crazy powerful.
    *shrug*
    But not for 65 points cheaper as was previous said.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Champion of Ultramar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    The fact that you have to roll for powers in the first place is stupid.
    Agreed.
    By far my least favorite thing about 6th Edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    But not for 65 points cheaper as was previous said.
    Eh...
    He was waaaaay too expensive at 230pts. I still used him just because I like him and his ability to teleport my Sternguard around the table, but he was miles away from being actually worth those points because of how insanely easily he died.

Same deal now.

At T4 W2 Sv3+, he's still a complete glass cannon.
    Most of us Ultramarines players had the reaction of "God dammit, he's still so damn fragile... Oh well, now his points cost is low enough that he might be worth using now..."
    I think he's finally back to being just about exactly worth his points now.

Put in the same effort as killing 2 Tactical Marines, and then a 165pt character eats it...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    but what about those players who have a Blood Ravens army, a Death Spectres one or many non founding chapters. Sure you could say you use the characters from their progenitor chapter. But what if your home brew or your founding is unknown ?
    Well I know how the apocalypse rule book gets round that quandary, it basically says 'if the founding legion and primarch is unknown, just use the Ultramarines rules.'

This has of course led to me teasing a Blood Raven's player at my work that he will have to exclusively use the Ultramarines rules while incurring a -2 to Ld because his Blood Ravens are sad and despondent about the fact that they can never be Ultramarines.

I play blood ravens and wile i plan to use ultramarine rule for normal games, the discipline of the ultramarine's represents the planing of the blood ravens well. and also so i can use Tigerius cause our fluff says were good at divination and i'm tiered of allying in librarians from outer chapters. in Apocalypse i have been using lord of flux and simply choosing not to roll on the tzeentch table. (so far)