BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Occuli Imperator

I also think that in 40k Space Marines are the epitome of heroes, they are the SuperMan to the Clarke Kent of Imperial Guard, in WFB there isn't such a monochomatic good/bad thing each army is shown in its own positive light to the detraction of the others.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FW produces much sexier models than GW as a whole and the difference in price is becoming negligible at best due to GW constant price hikes. (even if it's wayyy overpriced)

Compare the preators and GW new marine captain. Compare FW flyers and GW basic kits. There is no comparison possible. The most capable miniature designers are within FW subdivision period.
    Everybody else are just often producing toys with crappy designs. (yes I'm looking at you centurions and stormravens and stormtalons and mutilators and chaos drake and so on...)

That's a gross simplification based on subjective aesthetics.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Cos 30K at this point is only 4 legions. It requires a large investment to do it properly.

Its the same as the Imp Armour lists. How rarely do you see a Corsair or a Dredd Mob list?
    I would make a Corsair army if they didn't suck. Hoping they look better when they update it for 6th, but after the Eldar nerfs in the new Apocalypse book, I'm doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Have to say the list doesn't surprise me, the Legion Praetors are easily two of the best Space Marine sculpts GW or FW put out.
    I bought the Praetors when first released and they have made me hate myself for not being a better painter. I have the power armored one done up in my usual chapter colors (Ultra's) for those who want to hate, but I'm debating on the Terminator one...

Yeah notice not a single Eldar item on that list...gee wonder why...

Quote Originally Posted by z3n1st View Post
    Yeah notice not a single Eldar item on that list...gee wonder why...
    That has far more to do with how recently something was released. Most products have their biggest sales the month they release. When was the last time a new Forgeworld Eldar model came out? Most of the people who really wanted something have already purchased it.

Of course, I can't seem to find an easy list of each month's new FW releases to compare the top 10 with the last 3-6 months releases.

Librarian

I would/will get sucked in to 30k when a Space Wolves force comes out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12