BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: If 40K had a new, non Marine army, which of these options do you like best??

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mechanicus

47 41.96%
  • Arbites

11 9.82%
  • Exodites

11 9.82%
  • Genestealer Cult

15 13.39%
  • New race modelled on Cthulhu/Old Gods

10 8.93%
  • New race modelled on Reapers from Mass Effect

4 3.57%
  • New race, Dalek-inspired: with no humanoid features

8 7.14%
  • exported from WHFB IN SPACE.

14 12.50%
  • A unified faction comprised of existing races

4 3.57%
  • Other - specify and explain, please!

21 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'd love to see a proper traitor Guard codex, with models for Blood Pact, and all the great tanks/non-guard units that the traitors field in the Gaunt's Ghosts Books.
    Like the Stalk Tanks, AT70s, SteG 4 light tanks, Loxatl, Chaos Marine Battle Brother Allies, etc...
    I'd love Arbites and Mechanicum from a background perspective as well.

just a thought, reapers in Mass Effect are already modelled on Chtulhu/old gods.

I vote squats (and mechanicum and genestealers cult but that should be included in a sourcebook for tyranids).

Battle-Brother

Why no Hrud, Squat, Demiurg or Fishman options?

Brother-Captain

Be cool if the Interex civilization, Kinebrach, or squats were chosen...
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Voted Genestealer Cult out of nostalgia. Exodites would be nice too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I want to change my vote! I want Squats

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    First of all, Lizardmen in Spaaace. Just saying.
    There already is. The Slaan.
    Just saying...

Genestealer cults could be done acceptably with a supplement dex to the new tyranids allowing IG allies (which should already be available). A new tyranid dex could motivate me to do a genestealer cults counts as tyranids otherwise. (cultists= termagants etc.)

Mechanicus seems most practical as they are pretty universal and come in both loyalist and traitor flavours already and could have a wide range of allies to fill any initial gaps in the range due to starting from scratch.

Hrud/umbra would be most interesting as they keep popping up in the background but are difficult to visualise right now.

I've thought about the Cthulhu army... using some genestealer heads and cool greater daemon from Reaper.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

I voted other.

I think that the 40K universe could use an injection of "Good". A race of beings that are the exact opposite of both the Chaos Daemons and the Necrons. A race of beings whose ideal of perfect order leaves no room for anything that is potentially chaotic. A race who had left our galaxy eons ago, now returning due to the ancient war they waged against the Necrontyr. A race that has been the inspiration of all the angelic type beings in myth, including the Eldar pantheon. A race that may be too good for our good...

I say let's have an Old Ones army. They're back and they are pissed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast