BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

My first Space Marine army was the Salamanders, as long ago in 3rd edition I played my poorly-assembled-and-painted Eldar against a fully tooled-up Salamanders army, and that was cemented 40k as a hobby for me. I would continue playing the Salamanders, but trying to get a really good fiery green is driving me to uncouth words and deeds, so I have been in the process of swapping over to:

The Ultramarines 3rd Company, a.k.a. "The Scourge of the Xenos". The have a special dislike of Tyranids, to the point where their Company Banner features a Tyranid head impaled on a sword. For me, the 3rd Company offers a wide range of modelling opportunities by incorporating bits of their defeated foe into their armor; currently my Captain has a Storm Shield made from the topplate of a Carnifex, and the Company Champion has a custom shoulderguard mounting the head of a slain Tyranid Warrior.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Alpha Legion Operative

Blood Angels

Crimson Fists (Imperial Fists)

Have some Dark Angels too, but haven't got the codex and don't play them.

1 - Deathwatch - all chapters
    2 - Blood Angels
    3 - Heresy-era Iron Hands
    4 - Dark Angels Deathwing Force

If you want more details on my first two, check my blog. Plenty of details there.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Librarian

Still not sure where the Grey Knight Geneseed came from, although the Emperor is a good guess.(wink wink) While i sold most of my space wolves long ago (i really regret this) i still have all my HQ characters and some older squad models, and play Kill Team stuff with them when the opportunity pops up.

1. Grey Knights - Unknown (because of Inquisition)

2. Space Wolves

Chapter-Master

I own Grey Knights. I have enough Space Marine models to field a solid allied contingent, but I'm waiting on the new codex and a little extra motivation for that. Same thing with Eldar, I've been sitting on them for a while (a couple years), but I need to really figure out a good paint scheme and a list I'm really happy with before I actually start playing them. I've got my Grey Knights, I won't field a secondary army unless it's fully painted at this point.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

As I'm approaching 2k with my Chaos, I'm thinking of picking up some Space Marines for fun. Right now I'm debating between the Minotaurs and Star Phantoms. If the FW special characters replace the traditional Chapter Tactics, then I'll likely go Minotaurs and use Asterion Moloc, otherwise I will most likely do Star Phantoms (Ultramarines: Devestator loadout)

Banned

Right now:

Ghost Wardens - 21st Founding Imperial Fists (Black Templar Codex, scheme to the left)

I'm contemplating swapping the scheme back to their original Stone Wardens (same codex and Geneseed, though).

Chapter-Master

Ravenguard. Victorus aut Mortis!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

Blood Angels

They are the bestest marines eva!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I like firepower and marines who never falter no matter the odds.

Imperial fists. My only army.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast