BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 112 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Well, I try not to play with people that think every game is 'Ard Boyz.
    If I use special characters, I generally only like to use one.
    More often I would mix in telion in my Kantor army. In reality I think they should have neutralized the characters chapter affiliations and made them generics. Put in character rules and abilities balanced against the Chapter tactics in the game so you don't have to stop people from picking the theme they like in a SC. They just get wrapped up too much in fluffing out chapters. The book should be the generic space marine book and put fluff characters in the supplements.

Librarian

wahoo new rules that suck more..... might as well just say this book is going o suck just as bad as chaos over prices marines with overprices toys that you don't need less and less options more junk forced down our throats.. i mean yes please give me a book filled with sm characters then give them a suppliment and make it so characters cannot cross over armies or be used as counts as for other armies.... yes please GW you know better then your customers so we will of course shut up and buy your plastic crack and play with your ****e book and lap it up... no not me if the rumors stay true i think i'll just simply shut up and paint and convert and wait for 7th edition same thing i'm doing with fantasy due to the horrendous bag of diks that 6th is.

^Well thought out and informative. Thank you for this information.

You... no

wait

Everything is basically the same, except for the new things which are new and therefore at the very least offer new options, but nothing was lost to get the new things so even if they are "useless" (as the internet is wont to ascribe to anything that isn't completely broken.) you lose nothing.

Oh and you get an entirely new and unique weapon type to fill a particular niche tactical application that also does fairly well in a general application, like plasma (which is the darling of 6th edition) except it doesn't randomly kill ur doodz. Hey that's a nice thing right?

Oh and in one book you get what, 7 or 8 armies? All with characterful and useful army wide special rules so that you can basically tailor your force for any conceivable playstyle (that uses marines, obviously.)

You have probably the best universal special rule in the game on top of that, for relative peanuts. (any objective assessment says you're paying about 1 point per model to ignore a good chunk of the games mechanics and consequences.)

Hmm where's the downside here? Oh you can't stack completely implausible special characters without taking allies now. Gee that sounds like less of a "slap in the face" and more of a "completely logical thing to do."

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    wahoo new rules that suck more..... might as well just say this book is going o suck just as bad as chaos over prices marines with overprices toys that you don't need less and less options more junk forced down our throats.. i mean yes please give me a book filled with sm characters then give them a suppliment and make it so characters cannot cross over armies or be used as counts as for other armies.... yes please GW you know better then your customers so we will of course shut up and buy your plastic crack and play with your ****e book and lap it up... no not me if the rumors stay true i think i'll just simply shut up and paint and convert and wait for 7th edition same thing i'm doing with fantasy due to the horrendous bag of diks that 6th is.
    Well, let me be the first to say that I'm sure glad you're not playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post
    I'd also like to say I'm thankful that we won't have to see such horrible spelling and grammar condensed into a thick brick of fecal matter slapped onto the forums again then if he stays true to his word.

EDIT: So I got a message from 40k Radio. Their still playing catch up from Gen Con so there is a good chance that there won't be a Q&A tonight.
    Last edited by Clockwork; 08-22-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post
    First post to shut down a moaner xD

Also not so much here but I've heard allot of people complaining about the new AA tanks in regards to them lacking interceptor. Saying they will be useless and never taken and the like. Honestly they sound find to me. Allot of skyfire weapons/units do lack interceptor with the obvious widely available aegis weapons. I know the complaints are more in regards to them having to snap-fire at ground targets (Flak missiles can opt to fire frag/krak at ground targets so i get where they're coming from) but it's all about points and general efficiency at the end of the day. These new AA tanks are supposedly in the 70-90pts range i believe? Correct me if i'm wrong. That's a pretty cheap sure way to get some really solid anti-air, 2x "S7 AP4 Heavy 4" guns or a "S7 AP2 Heavy 1, Armourbane" is nothing to sniff at. Even if they have to snap fire at ground targets. Flak offer that versatility but come out allot more expensive. Assuming the points costs come out at the same as the new DA codex, that'll be 170pts for a 5 man dev team with 4 flak missile launchers. I think the Stalker/Hunter will do just fine.

Though having said that, Imperial Fists flakk Devstators with tank hunters will do wonders. :P
    Last edited by Xarga; 08-22-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarga View Post
    First post to shut down a moaner xD

Also not so much here but I've heard allot of people complaining about the new AA tanks in regards to them lacking interceptor. Saying they will be useless and never taken and the like. Honestly they sound find to me. Allot of skyfire weapons/units do lack interceptor with the obvious widely available aegis weapons. I know the complaints are more in regards to them having to snap-fire at ground targets (Flak missiles can opt to fire frag/krak at ground targets so i get where they're coming from) but it's all about points and general efficiency at the end of the day. These new AA tanks are supposedly in the 70-90pts range i believe? Correct me if i'm wrong. That's a pretty cheap sure way to get some really solid anti-air, 2x "S7 AP4 Heavy 4" guns or a "S7 AP2 Heavy 1, Armourbane" is nothing to sniff at. Even if they have to snap fire at ground targets. Flak offer that versatility but come out allot more expensive. Assuming the points costs come out at the same as the new DA codex, that'll be 170pts for a 5 man dev team with 4 flak missile launchers. I think the Stalker/Hunter will do just fine.

Though having said that, Imperial Fists flakk Devstators with tank hunters will do wonders. :P
    Stalker is 70, Hunter is 75 from what 40k Radio has said.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Stalker is 70, Hunter is 75 from what 40k Radio has said.
    On the lower end of points that i thought they were then. Nice, I'll be using one or the other then if i need some dedicated AA.

Chapter-Master

So, here's a thought. 5 Centurions with Grav Cannons and Hurricane Bolters in a Crusader. That's 25 AP2 shots that wound vs armor, so they absolutely murder Terminators, Monstrous Creatures, etc, and then their Hurricane Bolters means they also happen to murder Orks, Guardsmen, etc. With the LR, they've got a 36" threat range. And they're very durable, so they're getting multiple rounds of shooting before they go down. And they have access to Split Fire, so you don't have to waste firepower. That's a pretty nasty combo, even if it is expensive.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.