BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 113 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1533

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    So, here's a thought. 5 Centurions with Grav Cannons and Hurricane Bolters in a Crusader. That's 25 AP2 shots that wound vs armor, so they absolutely murder Terminators, Monstrous Creatures, etc, and then their Hurricane Bolters means they also happen to murder Orks, Guardsmen, etc. With the LR, they've got a 36" threat range. And they're very durable, so they're getting multiple rounds of shooting before they go down. And they have access to Split Fire, so you don't have to waste firepower. That's a pretty nasty combo, even if it is expensive.
    And if you're Black Templars that might be a Dedicated Transport still.

Chapter-Master

So, here's a thought. 5 Centurions with Grav Cannons and Hurricane Bolters in a Crusader. That's 25 AP2 shots that wound vs armor, so they absolutely murder Terminators, Monstrous Creatures, etc, and then their Hurricane Bolters means they also happen to murder Orks, Guardsmen, etc. With the LR, they've got a 36" threat range. And they're very durable, so they're getting multiple rounds of shooting before they go down. And they have access to Split Fire, so you don't have to waste firepower. That's a pretty nasty combo, even if it is expensive.
    Yeah, I think people need to realize that the Centurions are going to be good.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Initiate

Hey guy's sorry to go off topic slightly but has anyone seen the limited ed codex covers as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarga View Post
    First post to shut down a moaner xD

Also not so much here but I've heard allot of people complaining about the new AA tanks in regards to them lacking interceptor. Saying they will be useless and never taken and the like. Honestly they sound find to me. Allot of skyfire weapons/units do lack interceptor with the obvious widely available aegis weapons. I know the complaints are more in regards to them having to snap-fire at ground targets (Flak missiles can opt to fire frag/krak at ground targets so i get where they're coming from) but it's all about points and general efficiency at the end of the day. These new AA tanks are supposedly in the 70-90pts range i believe? Correct me if i'm wrong. That's a pretty cheap sure way to get some really solid anti-air, 2x "S7 AP4 Heavy 4" guns or a "S7 AP2 Heavy 1, Armourbane" is nothing to sniff at. Even if they have to snap fire at ground targets. Flak offer that versatility but come out allot more expensive. Assuming the points costs come out at the same as the new DA codex, that'll be 170pts for a 5 man dev team with 4 flak missile launchers. I think the Stalker/Hunter will do just fine.

Though having said that, Imperial Fists flakk Devstators with tank hunters will do wonders. :P
    At the point cost the aa tanks are at they are decent at what they do but if they survive and finish their task its a quite day for them afterwards. Having interceptor on the one shot tank made sense but not the large volume of fire tank. If you gave a 75 point 8 shot tank a ground fire ability it would be in every list bar none. I would have 2 for 8 str 7 shots that can split between 2 targets at 4 shots each. Screw rifle dreads. The other tank at one shot would be reasonably balanced attacking both ground and air targets with one armor bane shot.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    At the point cost the aa tanks are at they are decent at what they do but if they survive and finish their task its a quite day for them afterwards. Having interceptor on the one shot tank made sense but not the large volume of fire tank. If you gave a 75 point 8 shot tank a ground fire ability it would be in every list bar none. I would have 2 for 8 str 7 shots that can split between 2 targets at 4 shots each. Screw rifle dreads. The other tank at one shot would be reasonably balanced attacking both ground and air targets with one armor bane shot.
    I think this is probably why they weren't given Interceptor. If they were, they'd be closer to the 150-200 point range for the 8-shot one, and maybe around the 150 point range for the other.

Now here's the thing I want to try.. Take Ultramarines Tactical Chapter Tactics.. Re-roll ones on the Stalker and immediately increase my firepower whether firing at sky or ground. I should be able to get 6-7 of the 8 shots at a sky target and 2-3 at a ground target, which is not too shabby when trying to put a dent in a transport or put wounds on a tough monster.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    I think this is probably why they weren't given Interceptor. If they were, they'd be closer to the 150-200 point range for the 8-shot one, and maybe around the 150 point range for the other.

Now here's the thing I want to try.. Take Ultramarines Tactical Chapter Tactics.. Re-roll ones on the Stalker and immediately increase my firepower whether firing at sky or ground. I should be able to get 6-7 of the 8 shots at a sky target and 2-3 at a ground target, which is not too shabby when trying to put a dent in a transport or put wounds on a tough monster.
    We don't have the full rules on the Stalker, but my bet is that it can split fire and fire 4 shots at 2 different targets (possibly at a lower BS), or 4 TL shots at one target. 8 shots is a little much, especially on a 70 point 12/12/10 vehicle.

EDIT: From a Message Conversionation with 40k Radio:

Q: Which Chapters are we missing Chapter Tactics on?
    A: You have all of them, but not the full extent of the rules (Zion's Notes: I'm waiting to get a little clarification on this)

Q: Could you give us a summary on how this SC restriction works exactly?
    A: The SC only work for their Chapter. For example, Telion can only be in an Ultramarines army.

Q: Is there a way to take SCs in another army (for example, a homebrew or in an army that doesn't have Chapter Tactics?).
    A: The only way that can happen is if they play Ultras and use their CT, but you paint them Blood Ravens. You have to match the SC to the CT.

So there we go. You CAN do "count-as" with oddly colored Marines just fine. The SCs are restricted to their Chapter Tactics specifically is all.
    Last edited by Clockwork; 08-23-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post

i don't know where your getting 2-3 hits on ground targets. even with re-rolling 1's your lucky if you get 2 hits. the average with re-rolled 1's is only 1.21 hits

Quote Originally Posted by kire View Post
    i don't know where your getting 2-3 hits on ground targets. even with re-rolling 1's your lucky if you get 2 hits. the average with re-rolled 1's is only 1.21 hits
    Let's not forget that Skyfire works on skimmers too. So even if these vehicles aren't great against everything, they have their uses.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Q: Could you give us a summary on how this SC restriction works exactly?
    A: The SC only work for their Chapter. For example, Telion can only be in an Ultramarines army.

Q: Is there a way to take SCs in another army (for example, a homebrew or in an army that doesn't have Chapter Tactics?).
    A: The only way that can happen is if they play Ultras and use their CT, but you paint them Blood Ravens. You have to match the SC to the CT.

So there we go. You CAN do "count-as" with oddly colored Marines just fine. The SCs are restricted to their Chapter Tactics specifically is all.
    I don't know why people had such difficulty understanding this.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I don't know why people had such difficulty understanding this.
    Poorly worded answers from 40k Radio had said things like that SCs are only available to their specific chapters, and you couldn't use them as "count-as" in other chapters, even if they were using the same Chapter Tactics.

EDIT:
    Q: Which Chapters are we missing Chapter Tactics on?
    A: You have all of them, but not the full extent of the rules (Zion's Notes: I'm waiting to get a little clarification on this)
    CLARIFICATION:RG and Ultras. mostly about how they work.
    Last edited by Clockwork; 08-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.