BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

does anyone know if there is going to be a genestealer cult army codex supplement?
    I keep seeing a image of genestealer hybrids and it got me excited!

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Which, if these rumours are accurate would be what they JUST LOST!
    Yup. They will lose another turn before they can assault, hoping the enemy doesn't have enough firepower for snap shots to not matter. An option to get poison is nice and what they always should've had, but it won't make up for losing assault from reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Shadow in the Warp will remain in the codex, but receive a controversial overhaul.
    As we're talking about Tyranids, I read controversial as 'nerf'. I just want to be able to say 'no' to Jaws sending my 200+ monsters into a hole without I can prevent it.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by N.I.B. View Post
    Yup. They will lose another turn before they can assault, hoping the enemy doesn't have enough firepower for snap shots to not matter. An option to get poison is nice and what they always should've had, but it won't make up for losing assault from reserves.

As we're talking about Tyranids, I read controversial as 'nerf'. I just want to be able to say 'no' to Jaws sending my 200+ monsters into a hole without I can prevent it.
    Maybe it will let us force enemy psykers to re-roll their powers due to warp interference? :P

I had Shadows in the Warp on Runepriest, he still passed and lost 2 Tervigons to Jaws!

The problems with rumours is for every tidbit there are 1000s of unanswered questions, you get what you're given. But conspicuous by it's absence, what of our most overlooked and Codex specific rule - Assault weapons. Currently everything we use we can move and shoot with impunity. What if we're suddenly faced with a completely new set of requirements.

And the rumour about Hive Guard upgrade to benefit grounding Flying Monstrous Creatures... I'm really not sure why. What FMCs are there? Flying Hive Tyrants and Daemon Princes, I don't think Heldrakes are and all the other aerial death dealers [Night Scythes, Vendettas Storm Talons/Ravens] are flyers so grounding isn't an option. Without context this makes no sense. I love rumours but at the moment this all feels like mean gossip about your best friend. I'll be happier when the Codex is here and I can moan about the real rules instead of fearing the 'what could be'.

Quote Originally Posted by N.I.B. View Post

First of all, Space Wolves haven't been relevant to the format since Grey Knights. Even though 6th snapped GK's back into line, it didn't offer much help to the pups. You shouldn't really encounter much of that anyway.

Furthermore, Space Wolves have a codex coming soon too (at this release rate), and I highly doubt Jaws will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dwez View Post
    I had Shadows in the Warp on Runepriest, he still passed and lost 2 Tervigons to Jaws!

The problems with rumours is for every tidbit there are 1000s of unanswered questions, you get what you're given. But conspicuous by it's absence, what of our most overlooked and Codex specific rule - Assault weapons. Currently everything we use we can move and shoot with impunity. What if we're suddenly faced with a completely new set of requirements.

And the rumour about Hive Guard upgrade to benefit grounding Flying Monstrous Creatures... I'm really not sure why. What FMCs are there? Flying Hive Tyrants and Daemon Princes, I don't think Heldrakes are and all the other aerial death dealers [Night Scythes, Vendettas Storm Talons/Ravens] are flyers so grounding isn't an option. Without context this makes no sense. I love rumours but at the moment this all feels like mean gossip about your best friend. I'll be happier when the Codex is here and I can moan about the real rules instead of fearing the 'what could be'.
    Hive Guard taking down FMC's is fine. Tyranids will be granted another AA variant to deal directly with flying vehicles in the form of the alternate to the Harpy.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

speaking of FMC's, I have a sneaking suspicion that when they get around to DEldar, they'll get some sort of FMC, either something from the beastmaster stable, or as a result of a Haemonculus getting completely unhinged.

Back on-topic, I am most likely in a minority of 1, but I would kinda like to see 'Nids get a Necrons-style personality retcon. I say this because for a long stretch in 5th, 'Nids was my most powerful army, and I realized the reason why was I wasn't trying to go for any sort of army theme or personality, or pack in any specific unit because of the fluff or character reasons. Since 'Nids had no personality whatsoever, I just sat down and made the simplest, most brutal list I could conjure up. Now that I no longer need that crutch, the sheer nothingness that is the Tyranid characterization is kinda meh.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    speaking of FMC's, I have a sneaking suspicion that when they get around to DEldar, they'll get some sort of FMC, either something from the beastmaster stable, or as a result of a Haemonculus getting completely unhinged.

Back on-topic, I am most likely in a minority of 1, but I would kinda like to see 'Nids get a Necrons-style personality retcon. I say this because for a long stretch in 5th, 'Nids was my most powerful army, and I realized the reason why was I wasn't trying to go for any sort of army theme or personality, or pack in any specific unit because of the fluff or character reasons. Since 'Nids had no personality whatsoever, I just sat down and made the simplest, most brutal list I could conjure up. Now that I no longer need that crutch, the sheer nothingness that is the Tyranid characterization is kinda meh.
    With the rumour each Hive Fleet will have it's own "chapter tactics" this could be what you are looking for.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

I don't want Tyranids to have too much "personality." That's one of the appeals for me: the nameless enemy, with no ability to communicate or engage in diplomacy; completely alien to every other race and will consume no matter what other battles and struggles said races face.

I don't want a fluff change to discover that the Hive Mind is a surviving Old One, or a C'Tan fragment, or some super demon. I want it to remain truly alien. No stories about how they were created by the Old Ones to help fight something and they got out of hand (*cough* Prometheus *cough*).

Characteristics of Hive Fleets and divergent strains is fine; a few well-known (re: Special Character) beasts is fine too.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Fly Lord

These have been doing the rounds:
    Army-wide notes
    - No FOC and ally table changes
    - Devastation and Adaptation are new power tables with 3 powers each + primaris.
    - Primaris for Devastation = Warp Blast, Adaptation = Onslaught (similar to battle-focus)
    - All Tyranid powers can be used with either one or two charges to increase the effect.
    - Ravenous Advance: Units with this rule can run & assault in the same turn.
    - The Ground Trembles: All MC cause d3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
    - Red Terror, Deathleaper and Old One Eye are unique upgrades to their respective broods.
    - Harpy/Erinye, plastic dual kit.
    - Harpy is designed to kill infantry hordes/provide support via its special vector strike.
    - Vector striking it can either use Spore Mine Cyst to create blasts along the path or Sonic Screech to halve initiative and cause a pinning test.
    - Erinye is an AA variant in Elite, very different front torso/head piece with gribbly tentacles.
    - Increased Swoop speed and its gimmick is grappling other flyers.
    These are pretty specific and do fit into the general release rumor stream we have seen hearing from other sources. They don't have that wishlisting "vibe" to them.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Grappling flyers eh? That is a new direction I could get into. The return of the Red Terror is long overdue. I do hope that he has some colorful rules rather than is just a large ravener/trygon.
    Ravenous Advance would almost make up for the lack of flesh hooks. We shall have to see....

Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast