BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 114 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Poorly worded answers from 40k Radio had said things like that SCs are only available to their specific chapters, and you couldn't use them as "count-as" in other chapters, even if they were using the same Chapter Tactics.

EDIT:
    Q: Which Chapters are we missing Chapter Tactics on?
    A: You have all of them, but not the full extent of the rules (Zion's Notes: I'm waiting to get a little clarification on this)
    CLARIFICATION:RG and Ultras. mostly about how they work.
    I'm interested how the Ultramarine chapter tactics work honestly. When we know EXACTLY how they will work, because of what we know so far they seem to come out superior to the other chapter tactics, at least imo. Army wide re-roll 1's to hit and TL tacticals sounds like way to much too me unless their's a catch of some kind.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, Ultramarine's Tactical Combat Tacitics is better in every way than basically every other rumored CT. I mean, reroll 1's on all to-hit rolls? And Tacticals reroll all to-hit rolls? Compared to Imperial Fists, who only reroll 1's, and only on Bolters. Really, GW? Really?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Librarian

I can see it being a once per game effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Yeah, Ultramarine's Tactical Combat Tacitics is better in every way than basically every other rumored CT. I mean, reroll 1's on all to-hit rolls? And Tacticals reroll all to-hit rolls? Compared to Imperial Fists, who only reroll 1's, and only on Bolters. Really, GW? Really?
    Hold your horses there sparky. 40k Radio has said we have the full ruleset for all the chapters, we just don't have all the caveats. So we know what the Ultramarines get, but there could be stipulations like only once per game, or when the unit is within 3" of an objective, or the Assault Marines are only Fleet on the turn they charge or in the Assault phase.

We're missing key bits that say how these rules are used it seems, and there may be stipulations on how the UM activate their Chapter Tactic.

EDIT: And it looks like Ultramarines don't have Preferred Enemy so they don't re-roll ALL to hit rolls of a 1, just shooting ones it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    wile obviously unbalanced it seams within the realm of gw quality rules writing. you cant honestly say that the current codex's salamander chapter tactic wasn't purely better than the imperial fist one. people took Vulkan He'stan as a tax to get his chapter tactic people took the imperial fist chapter tactic as a tax to get Lysander

Hold your horses there sparky. 40k Radio has said we have the full ruleset for all the chapters, we just don't have all the caveats. So we know what the Ultramarines get, but there could be stipulations like only once per game, or when the unit is within 3" of an objective, or the Assault Marines are only Fleet on the turn they charge or in the Assault phase.

We're missing key bits that say how these rules are used it seems, and there may be stipulations on how the UM activate their Chapter Tactic.

EDIT: And it looks like Ultramarines don't have Preferred Enemy so they don't re-roll ALL to hit rolls of a 1, just shooting ones it seems.
    I would definitely have to assume it would be something like this or we're going to be seeing alot of counts-as Ultra armies around.

What's the point of leaking information if you are going to do a completely half assed job of leaking it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    What's the point of leaking information if you are going to do a completely half assed job of leaking it?
    So you get more hits, when they talk about it more?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by Spamthulhu View Post
    Drive up their listener count for their show perhaps?

I don't know. I'm frustrated with this too. I'd just gone with a section by section comparison and breakdown and released everything at once and then answered questions. But that's how I roll.

EDIT: I have a more current and complete summary now that fixes a couple of errors, and adds in the stuff from this week: [url]http://www.talkwargaming.com/2013/08/codex-space-marine-rumor-roll-up-iii.html[/url]

And to one up myself: here's 40k Radio's info from their last podcast: [url]http://www.talkwargaming.com/2013/08/codex-space-marines-roll-up-special.html[/url]
    Last edited by Clockwork; 08-24-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Looking at the latest stuff from 3++

Ultra's are no longer auto-take, still very very powerful but not the be all end all it was described as.

Tiggy still ridiculous

ravengaurd....ouch, poor guys stealth first turn...when nightfight happens half the time, means they don't get the benefit of their chapter trait in half the games....ouch!

Hunter looks....interesting, kinda follows a flier till it hits it, but without interceptor that still makes the tank and airforces primary target.

warlords: not bad, still better than the chaos ones for the most part with them being force multipliers. And the last one is potentially brutal...
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.