BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I'd rather Ward over Cruddace....

Librarian

Oh. My. God

You people are adorable. The lot of you. Never change.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    ROTFLOL.
    Matt Ward is an idiot. He should be banned from writing codices. All Matt Ward should be doing is making tea at Bugman's, nothing else... Bring back Priestley, Chambers, Thorpe..... all is forgiven.......
    I... assume you're joking around.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I... assume you're joking around.
    Sadly I don't think so.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

I enjoy the Necron codex Ward wrote and the fluff isn't bad either. The only things people can get after Ward about is the 7th Ed. Daemons of Chaos army book, the Dante and Silent King fluff in the BA codex and some of the over the top stories in the GK codex.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    I enjoy the Necron codex Ward wrote and the fluff isn't bad either. The only things people can get after Ward about is the 7th Ed. Daemons of Chaos army book, the Dante and Silent King fluff in the BA codex and some of the over the top stories in the GK codex.
    *Cough beating a Daemon Primarch Cough*
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

...in the Warp, where it's entirely possible that the whole thing was a delusion. Also, Mortarion is an immortal being of Chaos-stuff. Draigo could carve the entire Codex Astartes into Mortarion's various body parts and it wouldn't matter in the long run because Mortarion isn't real anymore. He's part of Chaos now.

So yes, it looks silly, but the codices are written from that faction's point of view. The Grey Knights believe in the legendary exploits of their lost leader. Meanwhile, Chaos rumbles on; Draigo's quest through the Realm of Chaos is ultimately futile, a passing amusement for the denizens of the Warp.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

thats a lame excuse cap, the argument that the codexes are "propoganda" is just a way of passing off badly written material.

Draigo COULD have been awesome if he was a sorta "jerusalem man" character, the lonely penitent struggling on through a hostile world, questioning his faith and yet ultimately determining he IS righteous and just, finding strength in that and continuing on for eternity if he must. Less mary sue "hes awesome cause I say he is"

its the futility of his quest and the fact that he doesn't give a damn that has the potential in that story, not the rofl stomping chaos its written as.
    Last edited by daboarder; 08-26-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Well, what I said does happen to be true. I think the irony of the situation is implicit; Draigo's struggle *is* meaningless. It's about more than just reading the words that are on the page. What do you know about Chaos? Does this sound right?

It's like when people went crazy over the Blood Angels/Necrons thing. Ha ha! How stupid! Oh, wait, the Necrons have changed. They have personalities and agency now. Hm. (I agree that the new fluff snippet shouldn't have come so long before the release of that Necron codex, but still. People rushed to claim bad writing without thinking it through.)

I agree that your version would be a much more interesting character, though. Ward does have a tendency to write characters in an... overblown manner when a more subtle touch would be superior. But a subtle touch isn't always Warhammer 40,000's style (depends who's writing it, and in what context). Ward's stuff is the kind of 40k where it's like a big action comic with huge caricatures punching each other. Then they explode, killing a world.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 08-26-2013 at 05:13 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

While I agree the fact is he is in the warp and nothing is necessarily real, that isn't really made explicit so it still sound really stupid. Plus in the same book you have Grey Knights deciding they need to bathe in the blood of SoB to stave off corruption which is just offensive on several levels.

I agree about the Necron/BA thing though, that was completely overblown. Because apparently having the BA and Necrons not be stupid is bad writing now.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast