BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 130 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1533
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    If the Grav cannon works on a models save what happens if the model have no save, would that mean the grav cannon can't wound.

Depending on how this new weapon pans out it makes me want to play my daemons more. Since the majority of daemons really do not have a save this system will fail to wound them. Thinking about it more my damons will do the dance of joy and laugh at the system.

That being said it can be a downer for wraithknights and riptides. Thankfully riptides have a range of 72" and hopefully can be out of range of such weapons. If not I can always deepstrike the riptides in.

However the more I here about these exo suit power armour guys the more I think I should target them with a vengence, unless I am playing Daemons which seems for the most part I could ignore them.
    Grav cannons would just wound on a 6 in that case. Even so, next to useless.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    Grav cannons would just wound on a 6 in that case. Even so, next to useless.
    In other words you saying the new space marine candy would be useless against all daemons, but the Thirster and any other Daemon with a 3+ save.

I think I will now drop my thristerfor sure and go with the LoC for sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Next, Blood Ravens are only popular in the video games, and don't have enough tabletop presence to warrant a supplement.
    to be honest i have seen more blood ravens armies on the table (not counting my own) then iron hands. that being said i still think its a long shot as there are a lot of supplements that should get done before blood ravens. it all depends on how much of a cash cow the supplements are and in this case if we ever see a dawn of war 3.

also, what kind of rules would you want for Blood Ravens? Even they don't have enough Librarians to warrant something like the Iyanden Council, and there's not much else to distinguish them by... and there will probably be enough cool relic weapons in the supplements we do get to represent their inherent kleptomania... so just go with one of those...
    remember video game blood ravens and in universe blood ravens are different. the only sources on blood ravens typically accepted as cannon are "index astartes" and the hints given in "a thousand sons". the blood ravens were created to be an out of universe chapter so relic couldn't mess up the lore, but GW liked the concept and created an in universe counterpart. however there are discrepancy between the two with plenty of stuff to make a chapter off.

in universe blood ravens
    - have squads of librarians in there fist company (might be better to leave this in apocalypse)
    - have librarians in command of some companies
    - have chief librarian / chapter master duel roll
    - have librarians (2-4 usually) assigned to individual companies rather than all in the librarium
    - lots of librarians
    - are all about divination
    - crate meticulous battle plans
    - steal chaos artifacts for study
    - not kleptomaniacs (of imperial equipment)
    - secretly summon daemon hosts for study before banishing them
    - mysterious "fated" 5th company
    - close relationship with adeptus mechanicus trading knowledge for equipment
    - relationship includes joint operations and large numbers of servitors under command of librarians

you can make a supplement around that. they are at least as divergent as imperial fists and there getting a suplement

honestly its just a matter of how many GW thinks they will sell, lets not kid our selves about fairness in this prosess
    Last edited by kire; 08-28-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    In other words you saying the new space marine candy would be useless against all daemons, but the Thirster and any other Daemon with a 3+ save.

I think I will now drop my thristerfor sure and go with the LoC for sure now.
    If it works like they say it does, and wounds based on armor save, then probably.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    If it works like they say it does, and wounds based on armor save, then probably.
    I hope so. My daemons will be happy. Grav cannon fires at my LoC and it just get tickled. I am interested if the weapon does work that way if the models have a secondary weapon. If not in the words of my 9 year old kid that would be messed up.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

I don't know why GW don't do some sort of internet poll asking who everyone wants to have a supplement! Whether certain chapters deserve a supplement shouldn't be an issue, it should be up to us who they make supplements for! I think they should just do supplements for the chapters that are most wanted by us, not what they think we want!

Brother-Sergeant

ROTFLOL, GW asking thier market/customers for insight/thoughts and ideas. This will never happen. GW makes the decisions in a boardroom, and when the final decisions are made they steamroll it out into the market. You either like the new idea/rule set/codex or you dont. If you dont, well then, wait till the next release. The only thing GW 'listens' too is the GW Stock price. Why do you think there was a sudden new SM codex release. SMs make up over 60% of ALL GW sales globally, and with the release of 6th Ed, and the new codices, the current/last SM codex was no longer competitive and current SM players were getting thier #rses kicked, and were no longer purchasing/spending money on the hobby. The risk of losing your main customer base, SM players, would be devastating for GW, and therefore, and suddenly, to everyones surprise,...presto, a new SM codex, and all other codices are moved back 6-8 months............

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Alright pal calm down, I understand its all about money because yeah that's what makes the world go round. At the end of the day though isn't knowing your customer base and knowing what they want part of making money! What's wrong with the thought that one day the might decide hey lets ask what are friends the customers want! Asking what they isn't running a risk of losing them! As you have clearly stated they don't care about that and if they make that much money off SM wheres the harm in asking!

You just took what I said way to seriously, a pinch of salt pal, a pinch of salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
    ROTFLOL, GW asking thier market/customers for insight/thoughts and ideas. This will never happen. GW makes the decisions in a boardroom, and when the final decisions are made they steamroll it out into the market. You either like the new idea/rule set/codex or you dont. If you dont, well then, wait till the next release. The only thing GW 'listens' too is the GW Stock price. Why do you think there was a sudden new SM codex release. SMs make up over 60% of ALL GW sales globally, and with the release of 6th Ed, and the new codices, the current/last SM codex was no longer competitive and current SM players were getting thier #rses kicked, and were no longer purchasing/spending money on the hobby. The risk of losing your main customer base, SM players, would be devastating for GW, and therefore, and suddenly, to everyones surprise,...presto, a new SM codex, and all other codices are moved back 6-8 months............
    Well it's not quite sudden, we've had a ptretty good idea Space Marines were coming out in this window for around 5-6 months now. The decision was probably made even earlier than that. I'm sure GW already have planned out the order of all the codex releases.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by nathaneal246 View Post
    Alright pal calm down, I understand its all about money because yeah that's what makes the world go round. At the end of the day though isn't knowing your customer base and knowing what they want part of making money! What's wrong with the thought that one day the might decide hey lets ask what are friends the customers want! Asking what they isn't running a risk of losing them! As you have clearly stated they don't care about that and if they make that much money off SM wheres the harm in asking!

You just took what I said way to seriously, a pinch of salt pal, a pinch of salt!
    Correct, maybe I did. I have been playing 40k since 1989, and just the game, the fluff and the minis. Its just that GW sometimes makes decisions that I find hard to believe, and in all the years I have played, they never 'asked' their customers/gamers their thoughts. I love the hobby, and maybe its people like me that keep the company going, because there are too many hardcore lovers of the 40k universe/fluff, and 'we' will never wonder too far away, even during those 'bad' years/rule sets, knowing that we will purchase a few minis here and there because they/GW still are the best quality minis out there. We will eventually return when a 'better' rule set/codex is released. Currently a group of us are not overly impressed with the 6th Ed rules (Flyers have unbalanced the game, HtH is shocking/poor, and some of the general rules are just not that great, so while not playing many 6th Ed games (we are waiting for 7th Ed), we have decided to revert back to playing 4th Ed games. Not the best rule set either, but better than 6th ed, easier to use, and demnocratically voted for by the 12 gamers in our local club. I love this hobby, but GW really p#sses me off sometimes, and hence the reason why I take things a little too eriously some times.....sorry about that.