BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default One click costs extra ?!

as if it wasn't bad enough that one click deals give no discount i was just browsing GW's website and saw this

This One-Click Collection contains all you need to field the Librarius Apocalypse Formation. It includes: 1 Librarian in Terminator Armour; 1 Librarian with Staff and Book; 1 x Librarian with Force Sword and Bolt Pistol; and 2 Librarians with Force Axe and Plasma Pistol

$100.25

however the regular librarians cost $16.00 each and the terminator is 22.25 for a total of 86.25

you now have to pay $14 for the privilege of buying 5 librarians at once.

It's also more expensive in pounds, weird. Might want to contact customer service about it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It's also more expensive in pounds, weird. Might want to contact customer service about it.
    Its GAMES WORKSHOP they are trying to scam every penny out of us before the CEO retires in 2 years.........Then they will sell out and prices will end up fair :3
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Heh, I totally read 'click' as something different..

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Its GAMES WORKSHOP they are trying to scam every penny out of us before the CEO retires in 2 years.........Then they will sell out and prices will end up fair :3
    Or, more likely, its a mistake in the store price that will be fixed as soon as they're made aware of it.

Veteran-Sergeant

I doubt it's a mistake, its just another attempt to gouge the customer. People will see that deal, think it's a good deal and buy it. GW has a long history of jacking up prices for no real reason, they price things based off IG value more then cost of production. They charge it and the fan boys will defend it. Look at the Codecies, there is absolutly no reason for one to cost $50, much less a supliment that gives less game info to cost the same. They changed over from metal to plastic because it was supposed to be cheaper, but their prices went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    I doubt it's a mistake, its just another attempt to gouge the customer. People will see that deal, think it's a good deal and buy it. GW has a long history of jacking up prices for no real reason, they price things based off IG value more then cost of production. They charge it and the fan boys will defend it. Look at the Codecies, there is absolutly no reason for one to cost $50, much less a supliment that gives less game info to cost the same. They changed over from metal to plastic because it was supposed to be cheaper, but their prices went up.
    Instead of ranting conspiracy theories why don't you just point it out to them and see what their response is?

Let me let you in on a secret that the economy of virtually the entire world is based on: things are worth what people will pay, nothing more, nothing less. Production costs are meaningless if people will pay vastly in excess of them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    Then stop buying things and ranting about them gouging, if its too expensive for you, there are lot of alternatives

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Instead of ranting conspiracy theories why don't you just point it out to them and see what their response is?

Let me let you in on a secret that the economy of virtually the entire world is based on: things are worth what people will pay, nothing more, nothing less. Production costs are meaningless if people will pay vastly in excess of them.

people did that with the eldar one click deals.....look how that turned out.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

What conspiracy theory? Look at the D Elder Ravager and the Raider, when you open the boxes the only difference is the accessort spru. Same plastic content and weight, however one is a transport and the other heavy support. Yet the transport is $37.25 while the other is $49.50.

Look at HQ choices for for several armies, $16 for generic choices and $19.25 Special characters. What's the difference? Look at the Space Marines, $29.75 for a white scars commander, a single model on a bike. Yet you can get almost an entire bike squad for that much. If you examine the value of a mini for it's IG content, you will see a corolation with it's price. Look at a Space Marine command Squad, Essentially it's twice the cost of a tactical squad and for what? A different accessory spru? $33 for a box of 4 masters of the chapter, yet the new ones are $22.50 each, but they are all made of Resin, so what's the difference? I could go on and on for each army having this problem.

No I'm not part of the GW crew, so I am not privey to their pricing policy, but I have worked in enough fields to know how pricing works. Companies will raise the cost of an item if they can get more for it then normal. It's a common marketing technique that many companies use. certain models you may only need one or two of, so they cost more. Other models you will need more of, so they cost abit less.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    Then stop buying things and ranting about them gouging, if its too expensive for you, there are lot of alternatives
    This was my point about the fanboys defending GW, you act like someone cant play the game but be unhappy about the pricing. I enjoy the game, the rules, and the fluff, but I dont enjoy GW jacking their prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast