BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Oof

Those centurions look worse the more I look at them.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

GW website seems to up again, slow loading though. Of course as soon as I post this it will probably go down again.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

still on an extreme go slow. I finally got my order placed at lunch time after three and a half hours of trying between last night and this morning. still not managed to actually look at all the new model pages yet on the site.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

If someone wants to put together a 2000pt. basic Space Marine list (Ravenguard theme), and he already has the most recent Battleforce and DV, would the Strikeforce plus that cover all the basics without much/anything left over? This would be for casual play.

Chapter-Master

Really don't like the centurions.
    Shame about the tabards on the veterans, I like cloaks/capes or full robes, but not a big fan of tabards though. *shrug*
    Have they overdone it with the breastplate choice on the tactical sprue? certainly going to make a uniform force more difficult to assemble.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Battle-Brother

So Salamanders and Ultramarines have joined the Successors special editions as out of stock! Wonder if they will use the sell out rate as a clue to which codex supplements to release first???

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yup, it's completely different. Different feet, different legs, different chest, different helmet and that's just the armour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    It's actually a pretty major resculpt. It uses the same basic model, yes, but the cloak is different, the arm is different, the legs, torso, head, back banner, gun are different. It's like the Trigger's Broom of 40k. It's the same sculpt, except for the ten or so bits of it which are completely new.

Also, it's not snap-fit. There'll be 3d details in it, like the skirt.
    The feet aren't different at all...
    And as I said on the other thread, he has basically taken a few details from Sicarius (a la torso) and spliced it with the AoBR Captain.

It's not major at all, a major resculpt is turning a giant into a fish.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    The feet aren't different at all...
    And as I said on the other thread, he has basically taken a few details from Sicarius (a la torso) and spliced it with the AoBR Captain.

It's not major at all, a major resculpt is turning a giant into a fish.
    It uses basically the same pose, but both are sculpted separately, it's not like they took the old BR captain and shaved him down then started putting bits on him to make the new guy.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    It uses basically the same pose, but both are sculpted separately, it's not like they took the old BR captain and shaved him down then started putting bits on him to make the new guy.
    I dunno. Given that they're both sculpted in CAD, that's likely exactly what happened, digitally speaking. Right?

It's not really a big deal either way - it's a decent model, nice to see it back in production, etc - but $30 for a single plastic model is crazy person money, especially with all the better alternatives out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m3430839a_99070101003_PlasticSMCaptain01a_873x627.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	4760

Name:	m1820014_SMCaptainXL.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	4761

Name:	SA400003-2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	4762

Name:	m3430844a_99070101003_PlasticSMCaptain02_873x627.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	4763

They may have used the same armature, but the details make it seem like it was easier done from scratch than modifying the BR captain
    Cape:
    BR- off the neck guard, covering both shoulderpads in the rear
    New- Attached to crux at left shoulder, covers nearly entire left pad, does not cover any of right pad or arm
    Legs:
    BR- Mark 6 style
    New- Mark 7 style with kneepads
    Torso:
    BR- Champion style split collar, cords with 2 pendants, mostly covered by tabard/robe which extends down past waist, skull and compass belt buckle
    New: Mk 8 style gorget, cord with tassel, skull and laurel belt buckle, leather tassets. No tabard.
    Weapons: similar pose, though BR gun is held more horizontal, and sword is closer to straight ahead, new captain is more angled.
    Collar/head-
    BR: Eagle collar in rear, bare head with bionic eye
    New: Iron Halo collar, helmet with crest or head with bionic eye.
    Backpack/banner- call it a wash.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast