BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    But its not usually "just before the battle" its usually long enough before one that the chaplains have time to not only induct them into the death company...but also repaint their armour entirely....
    I wrote about that in the "Army Idea Exchange" thread, but painting them entirely black never made much sense to me, either. If you read the Blood Angels fiction, they make it sound like they gather up the crazy ones right before the fighting starts. Hours before, not days before.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

I always imagine servitors running around in the backround with a pot of black paint and a brush while the chaplain cunducts his litanies. Of course Blood Angels recomend Citadel paints and glue.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I wrote about that in the "Army Idea Exchange" thread, but painting them entirely black never made much sense to me, either. If you read the Blood Angels fiction, they make it sound like they gather up the crazy ones right before the fighting starts. Hours before, not days before.
    I always got the impression it was anywhere from "the eve of battle" to during times of rest (as per the tower of the lost). Whereas actually falling right at the start of the battle was a rarer occurrence in accordance with the background from the Armageddon capmaign where Tycho's company fell.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Plastic contemptor for Blood Angels? I'd buy the hell out of that.
    I'd buy it and I don't even play Blood Angels.

Chapter-Master

The only rampant speculation that I have - which is more likely than anything else in this thread - is that BA will only get a new book after Tyranids, Orks, IG, Space Wolves, DE*. In other words, a long-*** time.

Also GW has stated that they don't want to rip off FW for future releases anymore so you can take your silly plastic tubby-dread wishlisting fantasies and firmly shelve them.

*I cannot remember if DE was before or after BA. I remember BA being April of a year, and DE being November.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 09-01-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    The only rampant speculation that I have - which is more likely than anything else in this thread - is that BA will only get a new book after Tyranids, Orks, IG, Space Wolves, DE. In other words, a long-*** time.

Also GW has stated that they don't want to rip off FW for future releases anymore so you can take your silly plastic tubby-dread wishlisting fantasies and firmly shelve them.
    At least you'll get a book before Sisters!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    At least you'll get a book before Sisters!
    They were noticeably absent from my list on purpose :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Surely a rampant speculation thread should be in general discussion, rather than news and rumours (as it is neither)...

As for BA... I'd have to agree with the bring points in line with SM/DA, though having additional special rules might see them a point or so above. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see the Captains take a significant price drop. That or give them some other abilities to make them as useful as Chaplains and Librarians. Perhaps they could be the key to unlocking a defence against Overwatch or using jump packs in movement and assault?

It would be interesting to see more special characters from the Flesh Tearers and other successor chapters make it in to the codex, similar to those in the new codex, that can tweak the style of play of the angels. Perhaps a chapter that uses assault squads without jump packs; great for clearing besieged fortresses or space hulks if not for bounding across comparatively open battlefields. Maybe a chapter that has bedbased themselves to the point they actively seek out the red thirst and/or black rage as a devotional act to be closer to their primarch? I really am just spitballing, but you get the idea.

I would certainly expect a new warlord table; perhaps with results that let the warlord not scatter, to allow units that deep strike within x" of him to assault in the same turn or have counter attack for on the turn they arrive, reroll reserves/outflank/deep strike mishaps.

I also wouldn't be surprised if there is a reworking of the Psychic powers. To what, I have no idea, but at the very least to bring them in to line with the 6th ED powers in terms of classifications and warp charges etc...
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by vharing View Post
    Ps I have been playing BA since 3rd
    PPS I have been playing since 2nd!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

since our only really unique choice has been stolen by the standard codex (raven) i dont see why BA could not just use an expansion/supplemental codex.

sanguinary guard? jump pack vets with a flash bolter...
    death comp? marines with FnP,FC and a chaplain as squad upgrade.
    special dudes are just that special dudes.
    oh and our rhinos have a can of NO2..... big deal

instead of vet srg have an option to take an apothecary instead, for FnP or other bonus, or a non slot using 'sanguinary priest' squad that gets split off as per current dex.

yeah i know we have different dreads and stuff, but a supplemental dex can cover those easy... its still a dread using standard powers/wargear options.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast