BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 150 of 154 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1533

Quote Originally Posted by Mrchilidog View Post
    the Adeptus Mechanicus are well known for not researching any NEW technology.
    A stereotype that is not true. There are plenty of examples of the Mechanicus doing research and developing new technologies and weapons.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    A stereotype that is not true. There are plenty of examples of the Mechanicus doing research and developing new technologies and weapons.
    Indeed. Mechanicus researches new things all the time, they're just very slow in giving their official stamp of approval. Like centuries slow.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    Indeed. Mechanicus researches new things all the time, they're just very slow in giving their official stamp of approval. Like centuries slow.
    Do you guys want to offer soem examples? What have you got? crusader and redeemer.....in 10000 years.

Even questors aren't about "developing new technology" they are about finding what was lost.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I thought developing new technology is heresy...

The Vindicator was developed during the Heresy, and later had its thunderer cannon swapped out for a demolisher.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Do you guys want to offer soem examples? What have you got? crusader and redeemer.....in 10000 years.

Even questors aren't about "developing new technology" they are about finding what was lost.
    Off the top of my head, Hellfire rounds, designed to deal with larger Tyranid creatures, which puts their development in late M41.

I thought developing new technology is heresy...

@Alan
    No, only certain types of technology, like robots with AI that lack a biological component. Also little details in the fluff / background always change and from time to time things said in codicies or FW books are contradicted in BL novels for example. So "canon" is kind of fluid in the 40k universe.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post

And they weren't even the Mechanicum, they were the Templars and Salamanders respectively. I think "new" technology is seen as bad, which is why the age of development is now known as the Dark age of Technology. Rediscovering STC's and some tinkering of existing ones seems to be ok. I imagine Centurions (and Stalkers/Hunters) will have either been there for a long time and we neve heard of them, or will be newly (last 1000 years or so) rediscovered STCs. I do look forward to reading how/where they fit in.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

And yet, the unfettered hordes of chaos can't figure out how to take the lascannons off a land raider.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yep, I think ur right.
    And speaks of Centurions ,and Stalkers and Hunters, it's like...
    "Hey Tim, check this model! what? no no no! I didn't buy anything! I found it from my model pile!" lol