BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 151 of 154 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1533

I believe it's meant to make them different from normal Space Marines, but it still doesn't make sense lol.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

Predator Annihilator...
    That was space wolves bolting lascannon onto a predator wasn't it?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Something not-quite-heretical to think about . . . the Centurion is very similar to a Tau Battlesuit in function, and the new Graviton guns look like Necron weapons. It makes me wonder if these weren't pieces of tech that had been laying around for some time, but the Mechanicum wasn't able to make them function until having somebody else's work to crib from. Using Xenos technology would obviously be heresy, please report to the nearest Inquisition office for your reprogramming, but stealing their wiring diagram to reassemble something we knew worked at one time . . . that might fly.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Brother-Captain

There are a buttload of renegade ordo xenos and explorators out there, some of them must slip through the net!
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    And yet, the unfettered hordes of chaos can't figure out how to take the lascannons off a land raider.
    That makes sense... try to pull the arms off a daemon!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Do you guys want to offer soem examples? What have you got? crusader and redeemer.....in 10000 years.

Even questors aren't about "developing new technology" they are about finding what was lost.
    Razorbacks. They didn't show up till M36.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    Razorbacks. They didn't show up till M36.
    And some chapters refuse to use them because of the technology being 'untested'.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Something not-quite-heretical to think about . . . the Centurion is very similar to a Tau Battlesuit in function, and the new Graviton guns look like Necron weapons. It makes me wonder if these weren't pieces of tech that had been laying around for some time, but the Mechanicum wasn't able to make them function until having somebody else's work to crib from. Using Xenos technology would obviously be heresy, please report to the nearest Inquisition office for your reprogramming, but stealing their wiring diagram to reassemble something we knew worked at one time . . . that might fly.
    Grav weapons seem to have been around in the heresy, they just seem to have been locked up for 10,000 years ;-)
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chaplain

Has anyone else dug into the digital (enhanced edition) codex? The advert makes it sound like it will have some kind of an Army-builder built into it. Did any of the previous books have something like this?

"...this is our first codex to contain our new interactive collection manager Force Requisition – a handy tool to help you assemble your army ready for battle."

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/codex-space-marines-enhanced/id695979357?mt=11"]https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/codex-space-marines-enhanced/id695979357?mt=11[/URL]
    Last edited by Dlatrex; 09-03-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Hmm, no more free missile launchers or flamers, but heavy flamer for 10 points... Nice :-)
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."