• Up

12 23.53%
  • Down

35 68.63%
  • Individual Counters

4 7.84%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I sometimes do it too, actually, because I've got those little crystal gem thingies that I sometimes use as wound markers (it's an easy way of marking which Paladins have been wounded), and sometimes I use them for my characters as well. But generally, counting down is better.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Im a count up player. Not to cheat, but thats just the way my mind works.

Kind of on a side note on the same topic, next to the model or off to the side? A tourney I played in a couple of weeks ago, a player had dice his counters (different die for each of his multi-wound models) off to the side. Personally I wouldn't be able to remember which goes to which but then again I generally only have one maybe two in my army; he was playing deamons so he had 4 or 5.

Chaplain

I put a red glass pebble by my model when it gets wounded. I'd rather use a marker then dice in case the die gets knocked over or accidentally picked up.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Pullo View Post
    Kind of on a side note on the same topic, next to the model or off to the side? A tourney I played in a couple of weeks ago, a player had dice his counters (different die for each of his multi-wound models) off to the side. Personally I wouldn't be able to remember which goes to which but then again I generally only have one maybe two in my army; he was playing deamons so he had 4 or 5.
    Definitely next to the model.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogle View Post
    Ive always wondered, for the people that count down, because it's natural, do all of your models start with a dice on it showing that they have full wounds?
    I count down, but I do not place a die on anything until it has been damaged, as dice indicate to my mind that the unit has been hit.

Also, I think I've seen before some company makes transparent plastic "corrals" that have a 25 or 40mm socket and a dice socket on them, so you can drag your dice along with your character, does that sound familiar to anyone?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN View Post
    I put a red glass pebble by my model when it gets wounded. I'd rather use a marker then dice in case the die gets knocked over or accidentally picked up.
    Same here. Counting down is better conceptually, but for game mechanics it seems easier to put a non-die marker next to the model, on it, or on its base, than to put extra dice on the table. Especially since dice get knocked around.

If I'm ever in the mood to take the time, I'll probably glue some small magnets on the bases of my multi-wound creatures, and probably use small nails with skulls on them to store its full HPs on it at the start of the battle. But I'll probably never have the time.

I use d4s and count up. It makes more sense to me to only put dice on stuff that has taken a wound, and track wounds taken. d4s are perfect since I don't play demons or nids, so the most Ihave is 5 wounds/hull points. Add the d4 for 1 wound. count it up to 4 on the dice. 5th wound kills say the riptide and the model is removed.

I have some pretty red dice from space hulk or something that only show the numbers 1 to 3... no mix ups and they sit nicely on most vehicles... a bit of blue tack sometimes helps ! ... but I suppose if I was really smart a magnetised marker would be better !

Most importantly....just be consistent.

Agree before the game starts with your opponent which method will be used, then there's no complaints. And stick to one method. I'm sure there's odd'uns out there who might count down wounds, but count up hull points!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast