BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    But isn't Fulgrim carrying The Blade of the Laer? Should not his blade have a wildly different design compared to what the rest of the until-so-recently-loyal marines are carrying?
    Unless the Blade of the Laer reshaped itself to be more appealing to Fulgrim's eye, based on the aesthetic of his legion, in order to entrap him? I could see a Slanneshi artifact being able to pull that off. Alternatively, it's one of those asynchronous things in HH, like how it seems that Horus was deploying the other legions to enable the Heresy before Davin happened (or I could just not be following their accounting of time very well). It's most likely FW went for aesthetics over logic though.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Dlatrex View Post
    Very lovely models! FW continues to impress.
    The one gripe I have is the same I had with the Palatine blades: the design of the blades. Both these and the Palatines have a flare tipped blade (as an exaggerated Yalman on a Kilij) that fits aesthetically with Fulgrim's sword. They look like they all belong to the same family of blades. But isn't Fulgrim carrying The Blade of the Laer? Should not his blade have a wildly different design compared to what the rest of the until-so-recently-loyal marines are carrying?

Minor quibble, as the group will look great next to each other, but it still bothers me. >_>
    I agree, awesome models but Fulgrims' sword should be different!

Where are the morlocks! Waiting still waiting.....
    Purge the Weak!

Librarian

all i can say is..... "hello new BA assault termies"

simple hammer head swap, last third of polearm removed and storm shield on left hand...... or HH lightning claws attached at the elbows. oh and remove the III off the shin. the faces could be representations of deathmask of sangiuinius.

i already have a tartaros set for my BA so these will do nice

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Unless the Blade of the Laer reshaped itself to be more appealing to Fulgrim's eye, based on the aesthetic of his legion, in order to entrap him? I could see a Slanneshi artifact being able to pull that off. Alternatively, it's one of those asynchronous things in HH, like how it seems that Horus was deploying the other legions to enable the Heresy before Davin happened (or I could just not be following their accounting of time very well). It's most likely FW went for aesthetics over logic though.
    I like the shape-shifting Daemon blade concept =)

Librarian

I mean think about how we get Obliterators, a sword is flick of the wrist for a chaos god

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

I thought Fulgrim gave the deamon sword to Lucius? I thought he used the sword Ferrus Manus made for him at Istvaan! Or have I got that wrong?

The Palatine Blades were already going to be part of my loyalist EC but I wasn't sure about these termies. They're spectacular but I didn't have an idea as to how to work them in. That was until the Thunder Hammer suggestion above. Looks like I've got a FW order comign up.
    1. There are female marines and my Sunhawks will explain it to you.
    2. We are the Emperor's Children and we WILL redeem our honor.

Say 'hello' to my new Paladins. It always bothered me that Paladins look the same as regular GK termies, now problem solved. A few quick bits changes and some green stuff and these guys would make awesome daemonhunters.

Quote Originally Posted by nathaneal246 View Post
    I thought Fulgrim gave the deamon sword to Lucius? I thought he used the sword Ferrus Manus made for him at Istvaan!
    As of the novel Fulgrim, Ferrus and Fulgrim swap their weapons back when Fulgrim tries to sway Ferrus to Chaos, so at their encounter on Istvaan, Fulgrim starts with Forgebreaker in hand, and then switches to using the Laer blade to finish the job. I believe he may have given Lucius the Laer blade eventually, but only after it had been drained of its power.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast