BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 130 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via BoLS 9-5-2013
    Those look interesting but seeing as the last "Karkinos" rumor was fake I'm not putting any bets on that just yet.

Librarian

Karkinos... a little tiny rumor sent by the gods to try and make you lose battles

Chaplain

Given that the names taken from mythology seem to be reserved for Hive-Fleets instead of broods, could this just refer to the most recent galactic thrust of the Great Devourer?

It's hard to say what's real right now. The latest rumors still stress that Tyranids are in November, and Dark Elves for October, yet we know very little about either.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/something-is-stirring-and-definitely-do.html"]Hmmmm!!!![/URL]

I'm actually starting to think it will be Nidvember, for a few reasons really.

1) Lots of play-test rumours in the past few months that have all of a sudden dried up in the past week or two (hmm!)
    2) All the display armies for them being put up.
    3) Their main display army at Warhammer World being taken down a few months ago - this is usually because those models are being used in a battle report
    4) Hastings basically said that Tyranids were after Space Marines, but he of course didn't say the month. Given how spot on he has been since 6th Edition came out, it is pretty safe to assume that Tyranids would be the next 40K book, what with Dark Elves in October.
    5) It fits with GW's release policy this year for there to be a big release in November, followed by Hobbit in December. As GW never releases codices/army books over Christmas, it is usually the case that November is a release instead. As we haven't seen consecutive releases of either system (unless you count Fantasy Daemons alongside 40k Daemons after Warriors of Chaos, or Apocalypse after Eldar), it is logical to assume it will be a 40K release.

Now, I'm not saying it is guaranteed, nor am I really getting my hopes up.
    But gee, it seems like everything really is pointing them to being in November. I'm literally gushing at the possibilities, not just of the new models, but of all the current stuff being revamped for 6th (and generally improved overall)!

As for those expecting a large monster, be aware that unless GW drop them from the codex (I doubt it), they have to do both a Harpy kit and a Mycetic Spore kit, both of which are monstrous creatures anyway. I'm seriously doubting there will be a third major monster, but it would certainly be welcome as Tyranids can never have enough monsters

Oh, and yes, I'm aware that the display army shown in the link is probably just there because it is amazing to look at more than anything else. But still, I don't think we can deny the (hearsay) evidence is mounting!
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 09-17-2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Fly Lord

Agreed Learn2Eel,

The smart money is also saying November for Nids at this point.

Q1 is shaping up to be IG & Orks (unknown order).
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/something-is-stirring-and-definitely-do.html"]Hmmmm!!!![/URL]

I'm actually starting to think it will be Nidvember, for a few reasons really.

1) Lots of play-test rumours in the past few months that have all of a sudden dried up in the past week or two (hmm!)
    2) All the display armies for them being put up.
    3) Their main display army at Warhammer World being taken down a few months ago - this is usually because those models are being used in a battle report
    4) Hastings basically said that Tyranids were after Space Marines, but he of course didn't say the month. Given how spot on he has been since 6th Edition came out, it is pretty safe to assume that Tyranids would be the next 40K book, what with Dark Elves in October.
    5) It fits with GW's release policy this year for there to be a big release in November, followed by Hobbit in December. As GW never releases codices/army books over Christmas, it is usually the case that November is a release instead. As we haven't seen consecutive releases of either system (unless you count Fantasy Daemons alongside 40k Daemons after Warriors of Chaos, or Apocalypse after Eldar), it is logical to assume it will be a 40K release.

Now, I'm not saying it is guaranteed, nor am I really getting my hopes up.
    But gee, it seems like everything really is pointing them to being in November. I'm literally gushing at the possibilities, not just of the new models, but of all the current stuff being revamped for 6th (and generally improved overall)!

As for those expecting a large monster, be aware that unless GW drop them from the codex (I doubt it), they have to do both a Harpy kit and a Mycetic Spore kit, both of which are monstrous creatures anyway. I'm seriously doubting there will be a third major monster, but it would certainly be welcome as Tyranids can never have enough monsters

Oh, and yes, I'm aware that the display army shown in the link is probably just there because it is amazing to look at more than anything else. But still, I don't think we can deny the (hearsay) evidence is mounting!
    The interesting thing, at least to me, will be finding out where the next set of rumors come from. As of late, it doesn't seem like there is a single, reliable source of rumors any more. With each release, its someone different. With Space Marines, for example, it was mostly 40k Radio, a source I had never previously gotten any information from.

I could be way off base, but its always an interesting show nevertheless. We probably won't start hearing anything till the first or second week of October.

considering a ton of tyranid units don't even have proper models and they are only doing limited releases on new sculpts, Im gonna venture to say no new giant monstrous creature. Theres plenty of good ones already and they really need some love. Harpies need a model, Carnifexes need not to suck, tyrannofexes need a reason to be purchased. I think if they fixed these models the sales would probably just be the same as if they released a new one. PLUS, everyone is going to scramble to buy mycenic spores because those are super popular and im sure people are tired of having to hand make them (or if you're lazy like my friend, he just used plastic lemons covered with dried spaghetti and spray painted)

Chapter-Master

Just thought I would add this...

Remember the Tyranid army at Warhammer World everyone was talking about as a potential sign for an impending release? Generally that is what it means when those armies are taken out of display, they are being used in battle reports and such.

Anyway, a forumite on Dakka pointed out that as the Tyranid army was being put back into its cabinet, the person setting it up was putting a single Warrior in with each Termagant/Hormagaunt swarm. When this was pointed out to the person in question, they dropped their stuff immediately and rearranged it.
    Now, this may have just been a mistake and the person might have forgotten that Warriors go in broods. But really, the reaction of the person setting the army up is really rather suspicious, no?

Though this is a really loose rumour if nothing else, I just wanted to point how amazing a change this would be for Warriors. At the moment, a Warrior brood is a bit too fragile a source for Synapse as it is quite easy to annihilate them with lots of Strength six and eight or higher AP four and ignores cover weaponry, stuff which Imperial Guard and Tau in particular have loads of. Now, put those same individual warriors into swarms of Hormagaunts and Termagants, and change their Synapse range to only affect their own unit; they are effectively now squad sergeants. The amazing thing here is that you don't even have to drop their points or change their stats, as for only six points more than a Veteran Sergeant with stock equipment in Codex Space Marines, you have a three wound Space Marine with a slightly worse armour save, worse Ballistic Skill, higher Weapon Skill, more attacks base, re-rolls to hit of ones in combat, a better gun, and three wounds. Yowza!

This could be the perfect way to fix Tyranid Warriors and ensure that everyone wants to use them again. They aren't bad themselves at the moment, they just can't really survive in 5th and 6th edition with Tau, Eldar and the like running amok. Personally, I hope this is the case with the new codex. It would make spreading Synapse so much easier, and would be a great way to keep Warriors alive. And plus, you get yourself a nasty squad sergeant that can even eat independent characters if given certain wargear upgrades (though we will see if those change, of course) and all for only around 40-50 points!

By the by, I'm not saying it is likely this will be the case. Just pointing out that it was quite odd for a Warhammer World display to have Warriors in Ga(u)nt broods, as well as the reaction of the person setting it up.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 09-23-2013 at 02:05 AM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

I'm very much hoping that we're looking at Nidvember, I don't want to start painting my recently started nid force till I have a the codex in my hands.

I do have another piece of info that helps place Nids for a November release. Concerning the removal of the studio display army from the Warhammer World cabinets for battle reports and other photographic work… White Dwarf has always been (and as far as I know still is) produced 3 months ahead of printing. This definitely fits the time frame, if they weren't being released till January the battle report and photos would not take place till sometime October.
    masteroftheforge.com - my truescale conversions blog