BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Updates to apps need to go through apple's approval process. This can take a variable amount of weeks and when they ask for a change you have to submit back in the queue which takes another 1d4+2 weeks. I'm certain GW would love to have released it on time, but they have to wait on apple's good graces like everyone else.

(I do mobile development, trust me its a pain to have a release date for iOS apps.)

Completely agree, I've been on the receiving end of Apples approval process. Atleast it means you have a better chance of getting a working App. I wonder if it will be an App or an update to the book

Iron Father

I'm a laid back fella, but I do think the enhanced version shouldn't have advertised this addition to the codex when it was not ready.
    I know it's coming in an update but I do feel we have paid for something only not to get it. Any other purchase and you would expect a refund.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Updates to apps need to go through apple's approval process.
    True for apps, but this is an ebook, so it's hopefully got less of a wait time.

Really curious as to what the holdup is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I'm a laid back fella, but I do think the enhanced version shouldn't have advertised this addition to the codex when it was not ready.
    I know it's coming in an update but I do feel we have paid for something only not to get it. Any other purchase and you would expect a refund.

I'm fairly certain if you contact Apple Customer Service you can get a refund (and have the item removed from your account).

As for, "it's only an ebook", the extra functionality brings it a lot closer to App territory.

My bet is, whatever internal testing they do found that it breaks on iPad 1s.

This just in from Black Library

[url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/Centurions.html[/url]

No eta for the Force Requisition App, but to compensate they're sticking a bunch of free data sheets into the digital codex. Not sure if they'll be useful but it's the first bit of good customer service I've seen from GW since forever.

The updates out and the Force Requisition feature is in. Playing now :-)

Iron Father

Thanks for the update Blusox69. In at work at the moment so will update mine later, one quick question. Does the update include the additional data sheets promised too ?
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Hmm, elites and fast attack will not let me add anything. Also can't select the "view Collection" ( which is the army you are building) option. A little buggy to say the least, and on top of that the Facebook link in the tell us what you think section just opens facebook, and doesn't take to to a specific site.
    Does include the Apoc data sheets though

Chapter-Master

Mine wasn't updating properly, so I had to re-download the book, but the force requisition is now working for me too. Only had a very brief play before work but looks fairly useful. Yes DL, the data sheets are now in the codex.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast