BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Head gives it a seriously art-deco look, of which I entirely approve!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Cos nothing says F*** you like a super riptide.

By Zeus' beard!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Blusox69 View Post
    By Zeus' beard!
    "By Aun'Vas non-existant chest hair" rather!
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Just FYI, the R'Vana does not have a jet pack, ergo, its guns or its durability would have to be improved quite a bit to make it worthwhile compared to a regular Riptide. Not having that extra mobility can be huge. Interestingly, the description says (and the model shows it) that it is more heavily armoured than a Riptide. Given that they already have a 2+ armour save, I am thinking it either has an extra wound, an extra point of Toughness, or a stock 4+ invulnerable save. As for the guns, they look remarkably similar to Commander Ra'lai's experimental rifle.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Just FYI, the R'Vana does not have a jet pack, ergo, its guns or its durability would have to be improved quite a bit to make it worthwhile compared to a regular Riptide. Not having that extra mobility can be huge. Interestingly, the description says (and the model shows it) that it is more heavily armoured than a Riptide. Given that they already have a 2+ armour save, I am thinking it either has an extra wound, an extra point of Toughness, or a stock 4+ invulnerable save. As for the guns, they look remarkably similar to Commander Ra'lai's experimental rifle.
    well, a better Invuln would not usually come from thicker armour in the case of Tau, but from a stronger shield generator - and this variant seems to have lost the big arm-mounted one on the regular Riptide (might have been incorporated into the torso though...), so my bet would be on T7...

oh, and according to their established scheme, R'something means it's a Character (like R'Alai and R'Myr) - which fits with the experimental guns...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    well, a better Invuln would not usually come from thicker armour in the case of Tau, but from a stronger shield generator - and this variant seems to have lost the big arm-mounted one on the regular Riptide (might have been incorporated into the torso though...), so my bet would be on T7...

oh, and according to their established scheme, R'something means it's a Character (like R'Alai and R'Myr) - which fits with the experimental guns...
    Yeah, that was my thinking too. Toughness seven and maybe even a sixth wound, but with the lack of a shield, maybe it has to rely on its nova reactor for an invulnerable save?

Ah, good spot. A HQ experimental Riptide to go along with the Farsight Enclaves one is certainly very interesting. Should give non-Enclaves players a bit of fun.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Brother-Captain

Ohh that is one nasty looking piece of kit! I guess the Tau are learning from their clashes with the Imperial Guard and their penchant for winning battles through overwhelming firepower. I like what the Fw Newsletter has to say about this kit:

A development of the Riptide, the R’Varna sacrifices mobility for heavier armour and increased firepower in the form of two pulse submunition cannon.
    No idea what the stats for a Pulse Submunition Cannon are but it sure sounds vicious!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

There are already smaller PSC on the XV9's, but I don't remember what they do...
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Knowing FW they will be 36" S7 AP3 Heavy 2 Pinning.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast