BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

*bloooooop* *bleeeeep*

-Alert-Transcendent-C'tan-lifeforce-detected.
    -Extreme-caution-is-exercised.

*bleeep*

-Holy-*beep*-it-is-Dr.Manhattan.

Anyone else have a boner?

These are amazing, dude.

amazing work.. thanks for sharing!

So that's what happened to Dr Manhattan after Watchmen...

Great paint jobs mate.

Inspiring.

Absolutely fantastic. Lovely job!

Love the chipped armour effect (is that white + the powder you mentioned in the thread above)?

Were there any tricks you relied on to apply the powders?

Thanks very much for sharing.
    Regards,
    Andrew.
    Last edited by kajh; 09-11-2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Fixed a word.

First of all, BIG THANKS to BoLS for featuring the Tesseract Vault on the site.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Many have asked how I paint my Necrons.

will also be doing a video tutorial on how to paint my Necrons.

For now here is a breakdown of the methods I used to paint a complete Necron Warrior.

I always, always start with painting the base first. Do not be afraid if the color of the paint smears on to the model legs. It can be touched up.
    Prime the model with a black undercoat (Chaos Black)

Base

-Apply a coat of Bubonic Brown (XV 88)
    -Drybrush Blazing Orange (Wild Rider Red) on to the base
    -A further drybrush of Bronzed Flesh (Bestigor Fleshtone)
    -And finally a drybrush of Bronzed Flesh (Bestigor Fleshtone) plus Ceramite White (Skull White)
    -Paint the rims of the base to desired color, I would recommend Chaos Black (Abaddon Black)
    -Add a tuff of Highland Tuff from Army Painter. (or buy a pack of Morheim Turf from Games Workshop, that should work too.)

White Armour

-An airbrush of Tamiya Matt White (Alternately you can re-spray the model with GW Skull White) The trick is too apply the white surface over a black undercoat, therefore the black can be played around as shadows.
    -A wash of Agrax Earthshade (Devlan Mud)
    -Now create a mix of Celestra Grey (Light Grey) And Ceramite White (Skull White). Paint over the washed model with this mixture. I never paint pure white as there are no way to highlight something brighter than white.
    -Edge highlight the Necron armor with Ceramite White (Skull White)
    -Dip your detail brush with water and mix it with Forgeworld Weathering Powder (Aged Rust). If you have a pigment powder that is the color of orange brown from MIG then it is suitable too. Randomly draw chipped patterns and rust streaks on the white armor. (Do note that chipping usually happens around the edge of a surface so plan the weathering accordingly. Rust streaks usually happens near crevices and holes. (Use my Necrons as a reference to plan your weathering.)

Metallics

-Apply a coat of Boltgun Metal (Ironbreaker) on the desired metallic areas.
    -Add a wash of Devlan Mud (Agrax Earthshade)
    -Apply Forgeworld Weathering Powder (Aged Rust) on to metallic areas.
    -Using a drybrush brush, apply Mithril Silver (Runefang Steel) sparingly, the trick is to drybrush in such a dry manner that only tiny streaks are visible. Therefore creating the illusion of small metal chips.

Brass

-Apply a coat of Runelord Brass. (Note Runelord Brass does not really go well with black, but applied on a white surface creates a really neat and clean look.)
    -Add a watered down wash of Hawk Turquoise. (Temple Guard Blue)
    -When the wash is dry, drybrush Runelord Brass again to soften up the Turquoise pools.
    -Using a drybrush brush, apply Mithril Silver (Runefang Steel) sparingly, the trick is to drybrush in such a dry manner that only tiny streaks are visible. Therefore creating the illusion of small metal chips.

Finally when the model is fully painted apply a powder pigment of Forgeworld Weathering Powder (Aged Rust) on the feet and knees to create the effect of dust.
    Seal the model with Purity Seal.

Now flaunt your newly painted Tomb King in Spess to said hobbyists.
    Last edited by MrChaos; 09-12-2013 at 10:29 AM.

*Beep* Boop*

-The-robot-elites-are-here.

-All-hail-Megatron.

Attention-Robot-heroes-are-deployed.

-Nemesor Zahndrekh
    -Vagard Obyron
    -Orikan the Diviner

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast