BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

well they didn't want to because they want chaos space marines to be something other than just space marines with spikes on. I think the GW vision of the army is quite different to that of many chaos marine players.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Iron Father

Plus you would have had the added confusion of not only chaos legion traits but also benefits from the chaos gods. I think this is where we differ views with GW. They think that the 4 Chaos Gods marks are sufficient to provide variation within the codex. Where I guess we would have preferred Emperor's Children, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, and World Eaters.
    But to give GW some credit they do seem to be picking up on what we want to see, I suspect by this time next year we will.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

I really think the Chaos Marine codex itself is still meant to represent warbands more than anything, with the supplements giving the more specific legion flavoring.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    well they didn't want to because they want chaos space marines to be something other than just space marines with spikes on. I think the GW vision of the army is quite different to that of many chaos marine players.
    You do realise that CSM are far more like just "spiky marines" only worse in the current edition than they were with legion rules right?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

you have missed the point.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

no I get the point, youre saying GW has a different idea for chaos than the fans thats a fair point and unfortunately probably accurate.

I just wanted to be sure we were all on the same page, in that the current CSM codex is so bland that they are basically bad rules spikey marines, especially given that GW just shoe-horned oblits into the SM codex.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    no I get the point, youre saying GW has a different idea for chaos than the fans thats a fair point and unfortunately probably accurate.

I just wanted to be sure we were all on the same page, in that the current CSM codex is so bland that they are basically bad rules spikey marines, especially given that GW just shoe-horned oblits into the SM codex.
    They're not Oblits. They're really, really not Oblits...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Galadren View Post
    They're not Oblits. They're really, really not Oblits...
    They're a high T, low Sv multi wound support unit that can operate as effective range and melee support. When I say they are oblits, I mean they fill the same roll within a list that obliterators and mutilators fill, which they do.

I still can't buy the Centurions = Obliterators argument. Centurions can inflict lots of wounds on soft bodies, and Centurions can can kill heavy armor, but the same set of Centurions can't do both at the same time very well. Obliterators have power fists, shooty Centurions don't, while melee Centurions are not a quality gun platform. Most importantly, Obliterators can deep strike, Centurions cannot.

Centurions are Tau Broadsides with the serial numbers filed off. They cannot do any of the things that make Obliterators worth taking instead of Havocs, and playing Obliterators as if they were just Centurions really gimps the Oblits.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    They're a high T, low Sv multi wound support unit that can operate as effective range and melee support. When I say they are oblits, I mean they fill the same roll within a list that obliterators and mutilators fill, which they do.
    By that logic wraithlords could be considered oblits.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast