BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Warhammer 50K... What do you Think

So the timeline has moved on 10000 years what has happened to the races of the galaxy? What do you want to have happened? What crazy thing could have happened? Tell the one tell all!

Veteran-Sergeant

I'll start with this:

In ten thousand years the galaxy has changed. As the ravage of the tyranids battered the gaxaly from every angle, Necron awaking deep in lost planets the two battle for ultimate control. Nine thousand years ago the golden throne on terra failed and the emperor finally died his ten thousand year death. His death scream echoed thought the then great Imperium of Man. Hundreads of pskyers died in agony with him and the planet soon fell apart without access to warp travel. They soon started falling pray to the ork and tyranids, more and more unending war speading. The 12,000 remaining loyal marine now stand guard over terra, the last bastion of mankind. The Tau were ravaged by the tyranids, only those loyal to the then Farsight remain, his name now been passed down the aggressive leaders of the Tau. The Eldar begain to pursue their goal and started reclaiming maiden worlds, only to be soon attacked by Tyranids. Choas starts to dim with the enroaching hive fleets, the gaxaly now just a battle between The Tyranids and The Necrons

Chaplain

Golden Throne fails, Emperor enters the warp, beats the Chaos Gods to a pulp with their own ripped-off limbs. Chaos is vanquished, the psychic shockwave shattering the eldritch horrors of the warp. With warp travel now a piece of piss, Imperial unity is stronger than ever before, but a civil war breaks out between the factions who wish to preserve the old Imperium, and those who propose a new alliance with the Eldar and Tau. The proponents of the New Imperium win the civil war, and a golden age of prosperity arises, during which the Tyranids are cleansed from the stars. Then the New Imperium of Races faces down the Necrons, now crippled through the actions of the Eldar Laughing God. Short of occasional actions to pacify the Orks, peace reigns in the Galaxy...

While new Chaos gods silently grow in power, in the deepest recesses of the warp...

Brother-Sergeant

Well, lets see.
    Necrons are starting to pop-up more, so those planest are doomed.
    'Nids have only "Tested the waters" so to say, not come full force yet, so more doom.
    Too many orks
    Plenty of Chaos Primarch Demon Princes could get up and do something for once in 20000 years, they could do something doomy
    Emperor is slowly dying, again, doom.

That's just for the Imperium. I pretty much see all the races dying off except Necrons, Chaos (not space marines, the demons) Tyranids and orks. Everyone else seems to disorganized or small in number to put up a good fight when the time finally comes.

Although, I could see this going down:
    Leman Russ comes back, bringing with him other missing primarchs like Corax, Vulkan, and Khan.
    Guilliman and LionEl also wake up, all fully healed.
    These six primarchs rebuild the imperium as best they can.
    Emperor slowly dies, but ascends to Godhood where he fights the Chaos Gods himself
    BUT, the Illuminati find and sacrifice all the Sensai (legitimate sons of the Emperor)and the Emperor will be reborn.
    Imperium does a 180, is at near full strenght again, unified by the emperor and returning primarchs, Chaos is crippled (or maybe destroyed). Perhaps even the Eldar ally with the humans to fend of Tyranids, Orks and Necrons.

Basically, there are many things that will doom the imperium, but there are still a few faint, glimmers of hope for them.

Chapter-Master

chaos aliens more prominent.

chaos space marine legions entirely wiped out.

orks entirely wiped out, kroot fill their niche now.

second enslaver plague, but not as big as the WIH one.

minor-alien races have risen up and made their own empires (ulumeathic league, barghesi, thexians ect)

necrons more prominent.

Imperial guard and space marines build vehiciles that dont look so utterly boring.

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    orks entirely wiped out
    Yeah, that was completely random, without logic, and having no basis in fluff to boot. Orks outnumber all races in the galaxy COMBINED. If the Orkoid races are completely wiped out, then the galaxy itself is going to be practically empty.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

The Emperor is reborn, and Chaos is vanquished.

Then follows the Great Crusade, pt 2, shortly followed by the Horus Heresy pt 2 . GW has to keep the universe at war somehow .
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    Yeah, that was completely random, without logic, and having no basis in fluff to boot. Orks outnumber all races in the galaxy COMBINED. If the Orkoid races are completely wiped out, then the galaxy itself is going to be practically empty.
    haha well its a wishlist of mine than something with any basis :P and it wouldnt be empty with all those more interesting and non-humanoid minor-races reoccupying the territory

Abbess Sanctorum

And I would argue that there are no xeno races more interesting than the Orks. Just because somehting is non-humanoid doesn't make it unique or interesting. It's just a shape, nothing more-- Orks have 40K's most unique culture of all the races present in its universe, which more than makes them worth preserving.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

And I would argue that there are no xeno races more interesting than the Orks. Orks have 40K's most unique culture of all the races present in its universe, which more than makes them worth preserving.
    Each to their own, I find them boring and uninspired bar a few backround niches (i.e. perfect economy). But for me always-green-all-the-time Incredible hulks that parody imperial tech using trash from the dumpster aint my idea of interesting, personally. What exactly are your reasons/opinions for them being so interesting though ?

Just because somehting is non-humanoid doesn't make it unique or interesting. It's just a shape, nothing more.
    It is unique and interesting visually, but obviously needs a solid backround just as much as a good visual design - like the enslavers, Saturthi or umbra. And for me shape is very important. I find it saddening how consevervative sci-fi fans are these days, where character and relatability are more important than concept and creativity, it doesnt surprise me people dont think or care for that kind of thing - and is my major reason for creating my own war-game and mythology from scratch.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast