BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Best way to add Grav to my army

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 grav cannon centurions

20 32.79%
  • 3 man bike squad 2 grav guns and a combi grav

4 6.56%
  • 5 man bike squad 2 grav guns and a combi grav (troop)

24 39.34%
  • Forget grav just use plasma

10 16.39%
  • Other ( explain in post )

3 4.92%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Captain

It's in the first FAQ.
    [url]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3450050a_Space_Marines_v1.0_SEPTEMBER13.pdf[/url]
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

just found it after i posted >< ty

edited post accordingly

If drop pods could be used by centurions then I would go cents. Delivery methods are so limited for the Cents that it makes them hard to use with grav cannons.

I like the 5 man bike squad. A scoring unit is always a good thing, and while I don't play SMs at all, I'm pretty sure the bikers would be way cheaper than the Centurions, right?
    And the bikers are much more versatile. Put a Biker Chapter Master with that Burning Blade and super-Armor or whatever with the bikers and they can shoot the Grav weapons, and then assault. Relentless is a super good USR to have.

Battle-Brother

not from sternguard def cause even if from pod-9 range with only 2 shots-bikes or centarions-Personally I say both bikes on big monsters an centorians on everything else, specially with tigiruis there on divination-total horror to anyone

Chaplain

I've played a few games now with the new dex and I'm enjoying the grav.

First I added grav by running ten sternguard with four combi-gravs, and gave the sergeant a grav pistol as well (he gets to keep his bolter). If your ultra unleashing the devastation doctrine the same turn as the grav half of the weapon can let u move and salvo. (I'm raven guard, but it's still an tasty move).

Next the vanguard sergeant got a grav pistol, as did the chaplain running with the squad. They have killed a few battlesuits between them.

Then the faq was released and my apothecary w as joined by four grav gunners- who underperformed because they were a priority target for my opponent. I run a marine horde- no vehicles, not many upgrades just boots o n the ground. It's worthy to note that the character that goes with the command squad didn't have to join them- (brought to my attention by shrike who can specifically take a command squad, but cannot under any circumstances deploy with them), so you can build a shooty command squad and let your combat hq join another squad.

Also, as a side note; my dark angels are built around invulnerable saves. If I was to run my vanilla marines as there allies, that grav gun command squad would be toting storm shields as well.

As a White Scars player long before they were "good" bike squads are the obvious choice for me. They also fit into my central philosophy for 6th, which is "if you can take something on a scoring unit over a non scoring unit, or on a mobile unit over an immobile unit, do it."

Veteran-Sergeant

i like them on bike for the simple reason that when facing targets with almost no armor you can still use the bikes bolters to good effect.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post
    First I added grav by running ten sternguard with four combi-gravs, and gave the sergeant a grav pistol as well (he gets to keep his bolter). If your ultra unleashing the devastation doctrine the same turn as the grav half of the weapon can let u move and salvo. (I'm raven guard, but it's still an tasty move).
    Nope, only Devestators get Relentless, and they can't take special weapons.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I love the centurions with grav cannons. Ive tried the bikes but ive never had luck with bikes.
    Purge the Weak!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123