BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    The people in each company are also each probably better suited to each field, GW getting to focus on design/production and having a more mechanized factory to produce minis on greater scale with a focus on packaging materials and promotion.

By comparison FW works on design projects of its own and from GW to produce artist sculpted pieces that are then duplicated by artisans through a process that was developed about 7000 years ago, and they send you their products in plastic bags with stickers
    That sounds cool. The Forgeworld stuff is amazing. I'll have to get some at some point. I just hope that I can also use them in a game.

I have a ton of Forgeworld models. I find that I let my opponent know that I'm using FW in my army (Usually my DKK or Contemptor Dreadnoughts for my SM armies), and if my opponent doesn't want to play the army, then I'll find another opponent. I find that where I play people don't have an issue, and I don't go to the local clubs, and therefore, I don't go to their tournaments, so that's not an issue for me. All my friends don't have an issue, and there definitely isn't an issue at my local GW, the irony being that at least two of the other chaps who are Forgeworld Heavy don't tend to win too many of their games, so that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12