BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Special section works! Up to 50%, and you have 440 of a possible 500!

Also, just twigged what irked me about many of HERO's observations. They're done in isolation, rather than looking for a given unit's natural place in the battle line.
    I found his observations not bad more the manner of writing reviews. I would have given the cold one a 4/5 because its a good chariot with a bit of staying power. 5/5 I would reserve for must takes. However after reading the book multiple times I don't see this kind of unit yet (good thing). I love the scourgerunner model and its rules but I can see why it isn't as good in a competitive environment. Its a weak chariot with D6 strength 4 impact hits and 2 strength 4 attacks it won''t affect combat much. Chariots can't march so out maneuvering a monster is hard. M9 can do it but you will probably hit only on a 5+ (long range and move to fire). Thats not reliable to trick a monster. And its not really cheap either. However this is not gonna stop me from playing it

Veteran-Sergeant

It's still a bolt thrower no? Flank of units too?

Indeed. It's a move and fire Bolt Thrower....quick wrack of my brians, and I'm fairly sure it's the only move and fire full strength bolt thrower in the game.

And it is indeed fairly fragile, but more than capable of handling itself on the flanks of the board, which is it's natural home anyway. Really worried about? Buddy it up with a unit or two of Dark Rider, and really bring the pain.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Dark riders with RXB's. All your flank are shot by us!

Yup!

Or let it run with Cold One Chariots. I for one would not want to mess with that lot....

And remember folks...Bolt Throwers firing enfilade really really hurt. Majority of Knightly Knights in the game are T3. Reliably, each hit is dropping 4 Knights. In a single shot. Depending on the Knights hit (oh hai Dragon Ponces!), that one shot will make the chariot worth it's while! It's not just what it kills, but what it prevents what it kills from killing!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah it would ruin a small block of Knights' day pretty damn quickly. Especially in 1k games where typically you only see 5 - 10 knights. Most will be panic checking at that point. I suppose at hat point it's either keep movnig forward and make it to combat, at which point the Supporting cast can make a rear charge, or weed them down so that when they hit in combat they aren't anywehre near as effective

Yup.

It's not perfect, and it remains a substantial investment, but 1/5? Clearly not.

Veteran-Sergeant

I think the thing to bare in mind is, throughout all of this, it hasn't been widely used in many games as of yet. We can theorise until the cows come home, but until I get my *** to a shop and pick one up, and get it on the battlefield, we have no actual data to back up any case put forward.

On that note, The scourgerunner is at #4 on my hobby list. After my current unit of RXB's, a Kharibdyss, and other 10 RXB's

1?

I'm getting 3!

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm doing my hobby a tad differently atm, now im on the outside of the White Tower. I'm going for the box at a time tactic combined with "Paint some chaff, paint something cool, repeat"

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast