BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sisters Codex?

Chapter-Master

Anyone else realize how ridiculous this book could be? Ok, its 900 points for six identical units of Battle Sisters; five sisters, veteran superior with condemnor boltgun (bye-bye any psyker in the game), two meltaguns, Immolator with multi-melta. 900 points for what amounts to a better version of the old Razorback MSU lists is just insane. Throw in Dominions who kept Scout and can take four special weapons even at a five Sister squad, as well as Immolators with free multi-meltas just like the Battle Sisters. Chuck in the already very strong Exorcists who got a 10 point price drop, using three of them. And this is an army that will easily fit in at 1850 points; from what I can tell, after taking all that you will end up with around 200 points spare for a HQ unit. Points allowing, chuck in a Canoness, a Command Squad and another Immolator; give the Canoness and her Command Squad Condemnor Boltguns or whatever special weapons you want. Drink everyone's tears. Wow. Anyone saying this codex isn't strong is out of their minds!

Anyone else spot how Screamerstars, Seer Councils, hell any psyker in the game is hard-countered by Sisters of Battle now?
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Anyone else having problems downloading it from the BL site?

Edit: Nevermind *shakes fist at BL.com*
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-19-2013 at 01:47 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I like it so far! Been playing Sisters for a long time, and even with the WD Codex I have been winning most of my games in 6th edition.

St. Celestine is still a beast and I like the 'once per game' Acts of Faith. Fewer uses than before, but a simple Ld check instead of the 5+ (not including bonuses).
    Thank the Emperor that the Exorcist is unchanged! I was sooo worried about them making the weapon a simple Heavy 2.
    Immolate turret weapons are free!
    Finally some wargear and option upgrades for characters!
    As much as I prefer playing an all lady army, the Ministorum Priests will be a 'must have' in my list!
    Retributor Heavy Bolters doubled in price, but the Heavy Flamer is far cheaper!
    Not sure the 'book' is worth $33USD...$25 would be more acceptable, but the Altar of War missions are great imho.

FYI, you can download the Mobi file version and open/read it in the free Amazon Kindle app on your PC or tablet.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Anyone else having problems downloading it from the BL site?

Edit: Nevermind *shakes fist at BL.com*
    The straight up Download links didn't work for me. I had to R-Click them and choose 'open in new tab' then I could download the file. I may have pop-ups blocked...but this way worked for me.

Yep that's what I had to do as well.

Warseer has decided the book is terrible, didn't see that one coming.
    Last edited by eldargal; 10-19-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Where oh where are the plastic SoBs mentioned in rumour this past years gone?

Quote Originally Posted by JMichael View Post
    As much as I prefer playing an all lady army, the Ministorum Priests will be a 'must have' in my list!
    Sounds like a conversion opportunity Ministorum Priestesses...

I've converted some Bretonnian damsels to be priestesses.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Those condemnor armed slotless command squads are going to be insteringt. Its basically a delet button for enemy psyker support
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've converted some Bretonnian damsels to be priestesses.
    I did the same to make my jacobs with shot gun and banner. Are they plastic now. I had to wash the metal model and use a dremel kit to make my Jacobs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast