BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Farsight Enclaves Hardcover - Huge Error or Personal Oversight?

I've got a problem with the hardcover of the Farsight Enclaves codex. I've been through it at least four times now, and cannot find the statlines and wargear for the Eight in it anywhere. They're in the digital version I have, but they seem to be absent from the hardcover.

Am I simply looking over it, or did GW actually leave out one of the most important parts of the supplement? I can't imagine they would. but with some of the weird editing I've seen in their books it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone who can verify this or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by CenturyChild533; 11-01-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Yes and no!
    You essentially equip the appropriate entry from the codex with the wargear specified. They have the normal statline but gain the Independent Character rule.

So for instance, for Ob'lotai 9-0, you'd use the Broadside entry, equip it with SMS, HYMP, Velocity Tracker, Seeker Missile and 2 Missile Drones (erm, and maybe a bonding knife, don't have the book with me) - that should give you the same points cost as the digital codex.

Admittedly it seems daft not to have included the points costs - but it is possible to use without them.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild533 View Post
    I've got a problem with the hardcover of the Farsight Enclaves codex. I've been through it at least four times now, and cannot find the statlines and wargear for the Eight in it anywhere. They're in the digital version I have, but they seem to be absent from the hardcover.

Am I simply looking over it, or did GW actually leave out one of the most important parts of the supplement? I can't imagine they would. but with some of the weird editing I've seen in their books it wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone who can verify this or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Pages 38 and 39 contains pictures of the characters and individual lists of their equipment load outs, then on page 50 in the first column under 'far sights commander team' it instructs you to add up the points using the entries in the core codex (adding any appropriate equipment from the supplement) to get their stat lines and points costs. The one thing that's not clearly stated is which entry to use as a base cost for the xv8 characters, it would be worth submitting that as a FAQ request I think though it would be easy to reverse engineer it using any of them as a starting point from your digital cosdex.

My guess is they wanted to keep the art piece but that left them without room to also include a printed character by character entry in the rules section - since you can't just add one or two pages to a print book - you often have to add eight, sixteen or even more at a go due to the way books are assembled (but obviously there's no such limitation in digital)

Brother-Sergeant

The XV8 characters all use the commander entry

Quote Originally Posted by Strangleweb View Post
    Yes and no!
    You essentially equip the appropriate entry from the codex with the wargear specified. They have the normal statline but gain the Independent Character rule.

So for instance, for Ob'lotai 9-0, you'd use the Broadside entry, equip it with SMS, HYMP, Velocity Tracker, Seeker Missile and 2 Missile Drones (erm, and maybe a bonding knife, don't have the book with me) - that should give you the same points cost as the digital codex.

Admittedly it seems daft not to have included the points costs - but it is possible to use without them.
    Ah, I see what you mean now. I got confused because the digital one has a long section with their stats clearly presented along with the relevant rules for their wargear (Gets Hot in O'vesa's entry, etc.) Seems like a strange way to lay things out, but at least the information's in here.

Thanks for the help, everyone. That's a big relief.

The one thing that's not clearly stated is which entry to use as a base cost for the xv8 characters
    It actually is clear, if you look under each name on pages 38-39 the description starts off with what that character is, for example Sub-commander torchstar starts off with "Commander" (referring to the commander unit entry) while Ob'Lotai starts off with "Broadside Shas'vre" (which refers to a broadside with the Shas'vre upgrade).
    The only real confusion is probably Shas'O Arra'kon because his description "Commander with XV8-05 Crisis 'Enforcer' battlesuit" is mainly pointing out which model to use to appropriately base him off.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by David Crossley View Post
    It actually is clear, if you look under each name on pages 38-39 the description starts off with what that character is, for example Sub-commander torchstar starts off with "Commander" (referring to the commander unit entry) while Ob'Lotai starts off with "Broadside Shas'vre" (which refers to a broadside with the Shas'vre upgrade).
    The only real confusion is probably Shas'O Arra'kon because his description "Commander with XV8-05 Crisis 'Enforcer' battlesuit" is mainly pointing out which model to use to appropriately base him off.
    Good point - I missed that myself