BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Grey Knight ATLAS S.H.A.W. (WIP paint)

Okay, here is my next project, a Grey Knight super heavy walker made from the Leviathan Crusader model from Dreamforge.Any suggestions and critique welcome.

The ATLAS S.H.A.W. (super heavy assault walker)
    WS 5
    BS 4
    ST 10
    T 7
    W 6
    I 2
    A 3
    Ld 10
    Sv 2+/5++

Unit type: monstrous creature

wargear: truesilver armor, reenforced aegis

special rules:, fearless, preferred enemy: daemons, psyker lvl1, reroute power (if the ATLAS does not move or shoot increase its invulnerable save to 4++ till the beginning of its next turn, if the ATLAS does not move and shoot, increase the invulnerable save to 3++, ATLAS gains "it will not die". Fighting in close combat counts as shooting for the purpose of recalculating its invulnerable save)

Weapons:
    2x chest mounted heavy incinerators
    2x mind strike missiles
    right arm (choose one): vulcan mega bolter, rapid fire battle cannon(0"-36", ST8,AP3, heavy 3, blast)

left arm: (choose one), nemesis doomfist with built in twin linked heavy psilencer, nemesis greatsword

(note: only 2 ranged weapons can be used per turn)

Loosely based on the Eldar Wraith Knight. What this boy yet needs is a point cost and a suitable psi power. This version is intended for friendly games of 40k, i will make up rules for an apocalypse version of this puppy.

Here a WIP pic with a dread and marine for scale, the model is very detailed and intricate.

Last edited by dirkspair; 12-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Battle-Brother

Your going to really enjoy the Leviathan. Let us know how it turns out. Here are a few pics of mine, staring down a Tau Pathfinder, and then pulling security with some GuardClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PB030048.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	5521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB030049.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	5522

Simples. Use the warhound titan rules

Looks impressive! But you'll never be able to whip out a model made from another company in a GW, ever. Home-made or GW only, just fyi.

Battle-Brother

If I was going to an Apoc game sponsored by a store or some event, I wouldn't bring it. But, if "the guys" got together at a store or someones garage to play Apoc, and didn't allow a Leviathan to stand in as a Knight or Warhound, then your playing with a bunch of people who are taking their Apoc WAY too seriously.

Veteran-Sergeant

I am in Florida and I do not even know where the next GW store is. We got a nice crowd here and we whip out all sorts of outlandish things for our games

Veteran-Sergeant

here some more WIPs. probably have to wait a bit for some LED lights to come.

here a detail of the chest mounted incinerators.

Veteran-Sergeant

If people want to impose GW tourney rules on every game they play, they suck. Proxies, scratch-built, 3rd-party, and 3D-printing are all fine by me. I can't afford to pay GW/FW prices for everything yet, and I won't demand my opponent does either. Carry on, and post more pics!
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

Veteran-Sergeant

here the main gun, need to think of some suitable OTT stats for it, "0-36 ST8 AP3, heavy 3 blast" seems a bit tame

Looks awesome so far. Definitely post more pics as they come. I would however say that at this size making it a monstrous creature just doesn't feel right. I saw someone mention use the Warhound rules and I really agree that its a great starting point for basic hull stats. Of course being GK giving that GK flair would be absolutely necessary.

As a proper titan u could replace the inv save ability with an ability that gives a stronger than normal Adamantium Will. Then call it as having a psychic pilot and give it Dark Excommunication or maybe an It Will Not Die power

How about changing Preferred Enemy to only work against greater daemons, chaos titans and chaos superheavies, This defines its roll and gives it a starting point for a back story fluff on its creation.

I know you modeled it already but i would've used the barrels where u cut and placed the incinerators as maybe a missile launcher (2 or one twin linked) that shoots a couple different missiles, i.e. Mindstrike, Flakk, Hunter-Killer (reduced to 72"). Then maybe move the incinerators to the left arm arm ccw choice.

Since the Vulcan doesnt have 2 barrels the overpower on that wouldnt make fluff sense so maybe have a couple different types of ammo it can choose from at the beginning of each shooting phase. Maybe the normal 15 shots str 6 ap 3 and maybe a heavier 10 shot str 8 ap 2 and maybe a lighter 20 shot str 5 ap 4.

Dunno if any of those appeal to you. It is of course your model and your choices. Although I think now that Ive put some thought into yours I now want to go get one and make one of my own. Dammit.

Ouch!! My wallet just slapped me in the face and I think I hear my wife coming. Gotta go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast