BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

I've got no problem with pre-painted. You can re-prime and paint them. Big deal. Some people like to play a nice-looking game without spending money on brushes and paints then taking precious times, that could be spent PLAYING the game you spent $90+ for, painting the drab gray plastic figures they put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by darknite View Post
    I've got no problem with pre-painted. You can re-prime and paint them. Big deal. Some people like to play a nice-looking game without spending money on brushes and paints then taking precious times, that could be spent PLAYING the game you spent $90+ for, painting the drab gray plastic figures they put in it.
    Heresy!!!!!!!! lol

Scout

knowing GW, they'll be pre-painted but the wrong scale to use in real 40k games...

me personally I dont understand why people would be upset if they were prepainted. They as a business feel they have to try to market to other people then the hobbiest. I personally would love to have some cheap unpainted termies again, but wont be hurt in the least if they are trying to bring new people to this game. It was the prepainted miniatures that got me into gaming in the first place. Mechwarrior, Heroclix, and now 40K

I still say its a boxed set of the Emporor and all the primarchs.

Or a new SM Faction, specifically one of the missing 2 legions.

Chapter-Master

prepainted stuff ? im surprised they havent done that already tbh, works for all the template armies (dark angels/space wolves/blood angels/generic popular craftworks/ork klans/known hivefleets) ect. I mean if people arent even gonna think of their own paint-scheme whats the point of providing the models unpainted in the first place ? may as well have an option to buy those factions pre-painted, and keep the unpainted ones for people that have the time to be more creative. No idea about financial stuff, im not a businessman, but to me it sounds like a good financial idea..any opinion ?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    prepainted stuff ? im surprised they havent done that already tbh, works for all the template armies (dark angels/space wolves/blood angels/generic popular craftworks/ork klans/known hivefleets) ect. I mean if people arent even gonna think of their own paint-scheme whats the point of providing the models unpainted in the first place ? may as well have an option to buy those factions pre-painted, and keep the unpainted ones for people that have the time to be more creative. No idea about financial stuff, im not a businessman, but to me it sounds like a good financial idea..any opinion ?
    Well, if they are pre-painted (and I was only speculating when I said they would be) then I would expect them to be in Blood Angels colours as they were the "original" chapter in Space Hulk.

I’m expecting pre-painted because it fits the criteria that has been rumoured, as in “something they have never done before”. It also provides GW with access to people who would never be into the “hobby” aspect of the games. They have talked for so many years about getting into Wal-Marts and Toys ‘r’ Us and something like a self contained game that requires minimal assembly and no painting is the perfect tool for such a purpose. The rules can be straight forward enough for 12+ and for those of us in the hobby. I don’t think you have worry about the scale being off. If there is one thing I’m positive of, it’s that it will be 100% compatible with 40k miniatures. If they are smart there will be rules provided to add our collections to the game along with new scenarios posted on the website.

Again, this is all speculation, but I think it would make sound business sense for GW to tap the pre-painted and burgeoning board game market.

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Brother-Sergeant

My own suspicion is that the "Never Before Done" thing is GW producing miniatures for a FFG imprinted product. The limited release might be due to the logistics of it, or it might just mean limited release in the GW stores and hobby stores will have a normal release on it.
    It could still be Space Hulk...

That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    One thing GW has never done before is Pre-painted miniatures. Now what better way for GW to break into the revived board game market than coming out with a really high quality product in the form of an all new version of one of their best known and best selling games from the past?

I have a very strong feeling that Space Hulk will not be a "hobby' game but a self contained boardgame containing Pre-painted high detailed plastics and distributing it into every store from your FLGS to Wal-Mart and Toy R Us?

Dosadi
    I was thinking the same thing, especially with the recent release of the wow minis and AT43, they could make a killing

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Okidus View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, especially with the recent release of the wow minis and AT43, they could make a killing

...or get killed.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast