BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    4) New wargear options (sniper rifles on devastator squads! Autocannons on tactical marines!).
    Huh, makes me wonder - MEQ kits are so interchangeable, I wonder if supplements will introduce "new" wargear options/units that simply use another army's kit? Say, a Blood Ravens supplement that has psyker squads made from Grey Knight and Tactical Squad kits.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Huh, makes me wonder - MEQ kits are so interchangeable, I wonder if supplements will introduce "new" wargear options/units that simply use another army's kit? Say, a Blood Ravens supplement that has psyker squads made from Grey Knight and Tactical Squad kits.
    My guess would be no.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's a great idea. But, the fact is that after the Chapterhouse debacle, GW has become very squirrelly about releasing books that include stuff they don't have the models for, or don't plan to produce soon. The longest delay so far has been for some Dark Elf stuff, and they did a pretty good job of getting that second wave out quickly. Stuff that could theoretically be made from GW kits... I don't know. I don't think that their corporate branch - in its current incarnation - has that kind of imagination. I think they'd say "can we afford to make a kit for this?" and if the answer is no, they would can it. They'd bee too afraid of the business going to a company like Chapterhouse, or to an online bits retailer, that they wouldn't want to risk it.

Remember, we are talking about the company that once - long ago - released a magazine that included instructions for making vindicators out of rhino kits using hobby supplies you could get at your local model train store. And, more recently, tried to shut down a tiny independent author for using the words "Space Marine" in the title of her book. I'm not trying to bash GW... but at present, this is not a company that is full of life and imagination and happy to create awesome stuff regardless of whether or not they have found a way to capitalize it. Emperor willing, they will one day be that company again, but at the moment? I don't think so.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Not too muchlonger to wait for it. Just with we had more rules confermed for it. Hope someone day one buys it and gives us the rundown.
    Purge the Weak!

Did the supplement come out yet?
    Purge the Weak!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12