BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    If you're putting down Land Speeders and calling them Predators, I can see why you'll be asked to use them as Land Speeders. Thats common sense and its in the Tournament rules pack, everyone has to stick to it, so why should that be an exception?
    I don't think anybody should get an exception. In this case, said individual had to use one landspeeder variant as a Space Marine anti-air vehicle, another landspeeder variant as a stock landraider.

So whilst there should be no exceptions how much better is this scenario than allowing Dark Angels minatures that just happen to be painted white with red flashes?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Herzlos View Post
    And to think in the past they used to use sales, or just melt them down and re-cast as something else.
    I have never known a GW sale, when did they do this?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

My local GW manager has lately come down hard on proxies and pretty much doesn't let anyone use them outside of a few games for the newbies while they get the basics and build their collection up. Of course though, if you convert up a model and it actually passes as a "conversion" and fits with the design/fluff/original model/etc then it is allowed. My converted Abaddon was made with Grey Knight bits over a Terminator Chaos Lord, and no one bats their eyes twice because it is well done. If someone just grabbed that same model, had the weapons but not the unique staff I added to it, the manager might not be as convinced.

I think it is fair enough, this approach. I remember hearing stories about a guy using a tissue box as a Land Raider one time in that store.....oh boy. I don't mind proxies myself but I can see why others have issues with it. As long as I know what is being proxied and I am told about it before the game starts I have zero issues with proxying. However, a lot of my friends have been burned by people not telling them what was what. I think I've posted about it before but a Grey Knight player having a game with one of my friends decided after the game started that a Dreadnought with the nemesis fist thing (that would instant kill my friends' Carnifex and thus affected his deployment) actually had two psybolt autocannons, and that his halberd-equipped Terminators actually all had daemon hammers. Stuff like that annoys me, but it is a communication issue more than anything else.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 11-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Denzark, did you get to see the 'tru-scale' World Eaters?

The guy had a Land Raider made from a Baneblade and Land Raider.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Chapter-Master

I saw the WE Land Raider/Baneblade - it was pretty cool. Didn't see any other of his WE and didn't realise they were 'tru-scale' but I saw it at the back end of Saturday when 3 games and many pints of Bugmans had taken their toll...
    Last edited by Denzark; 11-12-2013 at 04:52 PM.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I have never known a GW sale, when did they do this?
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away

[url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B97Rk-BalgZbbVpTWjVMRlczQUk/edit?usp=sharing[/url]

I'd heard mention of this recently, I wonder how isotope99 will manage with his armies! Hopefully my old Carnifex/Tervigon conversion will still be valid alongside my Mycetic Spores and Bastion I'm not about to bin them off now that they're potentially going to bring out the models. They were made when there was no model and they've been accepting of them the last four times I've been anyway.

Apart from his 1kSons where some units had bits from elsewhere, they love his conversion armies. Just look at his Ad Mech Necron army.

EDIT:

There were at least two CSM armies with three helldrakes, check the pics on Facebook.
    Last edited by RGilbert26; 11-12-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

I was there as well, got very drunk saturday night and counted my first game as a draw instead of a win (I killed his warlord in a kill point game and only counted it as 1vp). I was joint third out of 11 chaos players (the second largest race outside of marines with 12 players), although had I counted the game as a win I would have been second

There were quite a few contemptors as GK psyrifle dreads, and even at least 1 decimator. I heard about the white scars as dark angels, while harsh I can understand it, kinda.

I've heard quite a bit about their new "warriors code", basically if you don't adhere to it you miss out on a certain amount of points, making you unable to win a best of race (unless you are the only one there ofc).

I do like Throne of Skulls, while costly, it is a joy to play at warhammer world. and if you get there early you can play on one of the many lovely tables they have (one with a crashed thunderhawk, quite a few have destroyed titans on them too).

And playing at GW HQ you know they are going to be strict on some things, I heard a scribor heavy marine army won something at one of the ToS earlier this year, maybe thats part of their crack down?

New event info for 2014, which covers the warriors code [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3510172a_WHW_Throne_of_skulls_Warhammer_40,000_Ev ent_Pack_2014_(wc12).pdf"]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3510172a_WHW_Throne_of_skulls_Warhammer_40,000_Ev ent_Pack_2014_(wc12).pdf[/URL]
    Last edited by nurglez; 11-12-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Oops, half of the examples of 'check with us first' in the new guidelines are mine. Though I did check the exodites in advance and they put my bloodthirster on the facebook page.

Examples of the kind of
    Conversions we would want
    to check:
    • Converting Centurions into
    Obliterators.
    • Using a converted Khorne Lord of
    Skulls as a Bloodthirster.
    • Turning an Elf Dragon into an
    Eldar Exodite tank.
    • Using a Bad Moons
    Rhino as a looted ork trukk.

However, I did get most of my armies signed off to be displayed in Warhammer World's miniatures hall so they can't be that bad. They're not really proxies in general because they are so heavily converted.

exactly, if it fits the feel of 40k then it should be fine. Pony marines might be an issue, but I remember someone using werewolves as thunder wolves, and that feels ok to me. Also one of my favourite armies was a howling griffon's force, painted really well, using the space wolves codex, and had fantasy griffon type things as thunder wolves. I wonder if they would let that play now.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast