BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1153

Thread: Mass Effect 3

[URL="http://kotaku.com/hey-hollywood-listen-to-what-this-mass-effect-writer-472195804"]Interesting article[/URL] about the proposed Mass Effect film. The more I read about this the more I think I won't be too upset if it ends up being canned. Which may well happen, the warning sides are there they always lost the first script writer. Hollywood is littered with the corpses of announced and never produced video game films.

But if it does get made you're going to see:

BroShep
    Mostly male crew
    Liara probably the love interest (totally fine with this)

All in a re-telling of ME1 which won't be condensed and stripped of nuance to fit into a 2 hour slot. Meh. I really think they should have stuck with telling a new story in the ME universe, Shepards early career if it had to involve her or the First Contact war.

On the other hand, you could get Seth Green to be Joker which would be extremely amusing.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

yeah, never quite sure how something like this might work. game based films can be good, but often don't really match the source very well. the Hitman film for example I quite enjoyed, but it wasn't a Hitman film at all. Equally the prince of persia film was good, but changed too much to really be a prince of persia film. Mass Effect would need big budget, big names, and a few films to do justice really.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Not sure If I want

This is interesting though...interview with the guy who wrote ME and ME2....

Drew Karpyshyn left BioWare shortly before work on Mass Effect 2 was complete, but not before an outline for the third game’s conclusion had been sketched out.

According to Karpyshyn, the plot revolved around the spread of Dark Energy, something mentioned in Mass Effect 2 but not really built upon after that.

"Dark Energy was something that only organics could access because of various techno-science magic reasons we hadn't decided on yet,” Karpyshyn.

“Maybe using this Dark Energy was having a ripple effect on the space-time continuum. Maybe the Reapers kept wiping out organic life because organics keep evolving to the state where they would use biotics and dark energy and that caused an entropic effect that would hasten the end of the universe. Being immortal beings, that's something they wouldn't want to see.

"Then we thought, let's take it to the next level. Maybe the Reapers are looking at a way to stop this. Maybe there's an inevitable descent into the opposite of the Big Bang (the Big Crunch) and the Reapers realise that the only way they can stop it is by using biotics, but since they can't use biotics they have to keep rebuilding society - as they try and find the perfect group to use biotics for this purpose. The Asari were close but they weren't quite right, the Protheans were close as well.

"Again it's very vague and not fleshed out, it was something we considered but we ended up going in a different direction."

The abandoned story has been discussed before, leading some fans to believe that it would have provided a more satisfying conclusion than that of Mass Effect 3. But Karpyshyn isn’t convinced.

"I find it funny that fans end up hearing a couple things they like about it and in their minds they add in all the details they specifically want," he said.

"It's like vapourware - vapourware is always perfect, anytime someone talks about the new greatest game. It's perfect until it comes out. I'm a little weary about going into too much detail because, whatever we came up with, it probably wouldn't be what people want it to be."

Among the chatter, Karpyshyn also discussed some other, crazier, abandoned ideas.

"Some of the ideas were a little bit wacky and a little bit crazy,” he said. “At one point we thought that maybe Shepard could be an alien but didn't know it. But we then thought that might be a little too close to [Knights of the Old Republic’s] Revan."

Interestingly, Karpyshyn also discussed an idea he had for the opening of Mass Effect 2 which may have had an influence on Mass Effect 3‘s ending. There’s spoilers in this quote so watch out.

"There was some ideas that maybe Shepard gets his essence transferred into some kind of machine," said Karpyshyn, “becoming a cyborg and becoming a bridge between synthetics and organics - which is a theme that does play up in the game. At one point we thought, maybe that's how he survives into Mass Effect 2.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

I want [URL="http://www.biowarestore.com/sovereign-reaper-ship-replica.html"]this[/URL] so badly

Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Necron Titan.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Quote Originally Posted by chainsawunicorn
    My mother likes to watch me play Mass Effect.
    Today my female Shepard, Alessa, hit on Garrus.
    At which point Mom goes “She just made a pass at the clueless grasshopper-cat!”
    And at that moment I remembered why I love to play videogames with an audience. The comments from the peanut gallery can make even a (pardon the pun) stellar game 400% better.
    Best descrption of Garrus ever.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The story of Mass Effect in a nutshell. [URL="http://masseffecttranscribed.tumblr.com/"]Source[/URL]
    Last edited by eldargal; 03-07-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Chapter-Master

I followed the link and I don't know what is going on...

It's captions given to Mass Effect by some transcription programs.

Chapter-Master

ok, that makes a little more sense