BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I think it would be pretty cool, but as it is a rules supplement, the great thing is that you can still choose not to play with it. Just play a regular game instead, after all!
    I might give it a go. It makes sense that this kind of supplement would release alongside an army such as Tyranids or Imperial Guard. When/if I get either a Harridan or - my preferred option - a Hierophant, I will definitely give it a whirl.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

There are certain super heavies that wont unbalance the game as drastically as others.
    The malcador and its variants are not much tougher than a land raider, also the gorgon is merely an enormous transport with little better than a mortar to shoot or heavy stubbers. However anything with a destroyer weapon or 7-10" blast template will probably ruin a game in turn 1 due to killing pretty much all they touch.
    If this happens I can see the guard getting some tank in their next dex with 6 hull points (wont be a forge world model tho).
    It can work, GW just need to reinstate the damage tables for supers and not give any of the "legal" ones AV14 on all facings.
    Im pretty sure this will happen at some stage in the future, im also pretty sure GW will make it vaguely balanced (except one SH model will be busted as heck).

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Herzlos View Post
    "legal" or not, I'm not playing against superheavies in a regular game, because I'm assuming it's completely pointless without superheavies or a counter of your own?
    agreed I'm hoping the supplement allows for a few formations too, If they let me Im going to keep a predator assassin squad handy

I think this is an Expansion, like Planetstrike or Cities of Death, rather than a Supplement. Using the word supplement has vonfused things a bit methinks.

Librarian

Unless there are free bonuses for the opponent when facing a super-heavy ie free haywire or meltabombs to units that normally don't have them, i think this could be horribly unbalanced. You'd need a list tailored to take out a super-heavy, otherwise I imagine it wrecks whole armies throught a game.

could be an interesting supplement if i had superheavies.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Daedulus View Post
    I think this is an Expansion, like Planetstrike or Cities of Death, rather than a Supplement. Using the word supplement has vonfused things a bit methinks.
    Yeah that's my thinking too.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Escalation is very much for regular games of Warhammer 40k. However, the superheavies and gargantuan creatures allowed for it right now are rather limited. I do not know the rules for it, only that it is certainly for regular games and they take up a new Lord of War slot for each army.

I have had a partial list of the 16 Lords of War up for about three weeks. The rest are still unknown.
    [url]http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/11/escalation-and-lords-of-war.html[/url]

I hope that helps.

Hmm.

I'm less convinced than ever by this rumour, seeing as there is now pretty much a consensus Nids are up next week.

Would be unusual to launch a supplement alongside a whole army, especially when most armies don't have any plastic kits for the supplement.

Nah. Reckon it's nonsense. But as ever, worth pointing out I have acquired a taste for my own words over the years. Fried up in a bit of butter, served with a hollandaise sauce? Lovely!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Escalation is a game expansion and is meant for adding a Lords of War slot for every army. So it is for regular 40k. there are only 16 models that are usable in this slot, and I have had a partial list up on my site for 3 weeks on which ones those are. Escalation will also come at the time as Stronghold Assault, which brings new and more combined fortifications to the game as well.

This is the rumor from Nov 6th on Faeit 212
    Escalation gives each army access to at least one Lord of War that are for 'regular' 40k games. There appears to be a difference from Apocalypse and regular 40k games, but the exact rules for them I do not know. Any Lords of War though are expensive in points, and I have been told that the Khorne Lord of Skulls matches the point value found in apocalypse, sitting at 888pts.

There are only certain units that are in escalation, so no others are allowed for regular 40k games. There are only 16 listed in the new book. As to the point level of the games, there is mention of 1500 or 2000pt games. Here are the known models that can be used for regular games in Escalation.

Imperial Guard-Baneblade or Shadowsword
    Chaos Space Marines-Khorne Lord of Skulls
    Space Marines: Thunderhawk
    Tyranids: Harridan
    Eldar and Dark Eldar: Revenant Titan
    Necrons: Necron Obelisk
    Ork: Stompa

Please please please bring back the super heavy damage tables or the game is gonna get "pick super to win".
    Im very cautious about these lord of war rules. Having fought one in the current 30k guise with an army with no super of my own and not a tailored anti super list it was pretty pointless.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast