BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Wait a minute! The escalation book is in English?

Oh well another 40 bucks saved

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    avant garde approach to personal hygiene
    This made me chuckle.

Avant Guarde approach to personal hygiene?

You are not serious?

That implies he knows about personal hygiene. I figured he just thought that was how he 'friends' greeted his imaginary girlfriend...

Librarian

me dont cares abouts stinking hobbitsis!

we wantses tyranidses and spesh maurineses!

Librarian

All the people complaining about hobbit stuff, in my group of forty we play hobbit more than 40k and fantasy combined.... The new rangers look nice not sure about the guard or thranduil..

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    All the people complaining about hobbit stuff, in my group of forty we play hobbit more than 40k and fantasy combined.... The new rangers look nice not sure about the guard or thranduil..
    so you guys are the ones to blame the one group who tolerates that BS

honestly i thought GW had moved on from mediocre perry twins sculpts for any main line....... seems like they are the only guys willing to touch LOTR on a sculpting POV..... probably for the better for us consumers though.

I really like the models but no one plays in my area so I've been looking at ways of adding them to 40k as counts as and conversions.

Librarian

The perry twins do some great historical models just not fantasy models :/ still the ruleset was really tight as you had a base stat line and changing it added to or subtracted from points cost. So despite its hate it was probably the most balanced GW game.

WOW! It is like a one year since last time there was something hobbit like in WD? Wonder why...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    The perry twins do some great historical models just not fantasy models :/ still the ruleset was really tight as you had a base stat line and changing it added to or subtracted from points cost. So despite its hate it was probably the most balanced GW game.
    The problem with LoTR and The Hobbit isn't the rules, it's the setting. It's a great setting for a board game, but a table top next to 40k and Fantasy? It lacks the personal touch (about 15 armies per game in both 40k/Fantasy with a massive amount of personalization possible), variation (good vs evil, not 15 factions), and has a very rigid storyline. It's just not appealing to a lot of tabletop gamers that otherwise buy GW games.

I think the problem is the target audience. I haven't seen any sales, but if it sells well and a lot of people are playing it, they aren't noisy about it (sans the one guy above me letting us know that they play it). Me, I haven't even watched the new movies. Three giant action movies out of a tiny little book?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast