BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Alternate ADL

Battle-Brother

Default Alternate ADL

Just wondering if anyone else has seen these alternate Aegis Defense Lines and what are your thoughts on third party items like this? I personally think it is nice to see some non Imperial love.

[url]http://www.mrdandy.com/wargamma-linked-barricades/[/url]

Battle-Brother

Someone has to provide non-imperial terrain, since GW won't do it. This kinda goes along with the other thread today about non GW figures/bits in armies. I think the general consensus in that discussion was that as long as it meets the 'rule of cool' then it was good to go. I think the same applies here.

Brother-Captain

I think those are gorgeous models and I'm sad there are no Dark Eldar ones. I suppose the nid ones may work with a suitable colour scheme and some converting.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

I have both the Dradelian Noble and Star Pharaoh ADL set. Outstanding resin models, especially the Dradelian Noble set. The quad mount guns are well designed and fit the scale needed perfectly.

The only negative note: The Star Pharaoh ADL set required considerable flash/sprue removal work to clean up. The mold lines were good, just a ton of excess resin still attached.
    Last edited by Maelstorm; 12-05-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

As long as they are of the same dimensions as the GW ones, I don't see much of an issue.

In the age of Tlos, I would take issue with anyone perceived to be modelling for advantage by sourcing 3rd party defenses which have a large height profile than the GW ones. Or indeed creating their own.

Makes all the difference in the game you know.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

These are the same dimensions and look much better. I'll try to set them side-by side with their GW counterparts and take a photo tonight.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Brother-Sergeant

Yeah, I ordered some Xenos ADLs from Chapterhouse's Kickstarter. Mr Dandy makes the best Tyranid ADL and Chapterhouse definitely makes the best Necron ADL but I'm torn on the Tau ADL. There are plenty of Eldar ADLs out there to fit any taste.