Sternguard 6, sgt power fist melt bomb, 3 combi melta, 1 heavy flamer

Rhino-
    Tactical squad Sgt combi flamer and melta bombs, flamer, heavy bolter

Rhino-
    Tactical squad Sgt combi melta, melta, MM

Scouts, x5 Sgt CC weapon, 3 sniper rifles, Heavy Bolter, all cloaks

Devestator squad, Sgt power fist, 4 missile launchers

Librarian

Going to disagree with that nothing wrong with the humble heavy bolter. honestly i do no favor anti armour weapons in an infantry squad. you have 1 guy with maybe 2-3 at most if your taking combi melta and melta gun.. if so better off with a multi melta over a missile launcher and then the whole flakk missile argument is absurd. flakk missiles = biggest waste of points ever in a sm army.

But back to the heavy bolter argument. you have a weapon the works well with your troops. use troops to kill troops its an easy concept. save missile launchers for things like devestator squads.

Here is my latest attempt at a reformed list

Pedro with HG 4 sgt thunder hammer, 1 relic blade
    Razorback las/plas

Stern 5, Sgt power fist, 1 plas, 1 plas cannon
    razor twin las

Dread in pod

Tac, Sgt power fist, melt, mm, rhino

Tac, Sgt combi flam, flame, heavy bolter, rhino

Scout 5 Sgt. cc weapon, 3 sniper rifles, heavy bolter, all cloak

Devastator 5, 4 missiles

If you are using Crimson Fists, I'd get more tacs on the table, leave the power fist at home for a maul and give the sternguard combi-plasmas instead of a regular plasma gun.

Maybe even leave the meltas at home. You have Missiles and Lascannons for anti-tank. Plus your devs have tank hunter.

If your going for competitive play with this list, i fear there need to be some changes.

Pedro with HG 4 sgt thunder hammer, 1 relic blade
    Razorback las/plas

This unit may seem like a great unit , however, i recommend removing the HG and replacing it with more stern guard. For one they gain a bonus attack and their shooting makes them a better choice. Also they become scoring and that will benefit you in the long run. Also..do not, i repeat do not put a thunder hammer or a PF in this unit. It is a waste of points, pedro can take care of that on his own. power weapon is what you need and just one

Stern 5, Sgt power fist, 1 plas, 1 plas cannon
    razor twin las

needs a drop pod , 3 combie melts, heavy flamer...and thats it..... NOTHING ELSE IS NEEDED. your 5 man strong and you will never..i repeat, NEVER, be able to use that power fist to ever make it worth it points.Besides, what can't you kill with 3 combe-meltas that a power fist can do so much better at? (yes i know hand to hand, but you will be dead way before that)also it will destroy back field threats that you cannot get to first round with your lass cannons.

Dread in pod

turn this into a iron clad dread..and awesome will be his name-o.

Tac, Sgt power fist, melt, mm, rhino

i used to love this squad, but then i relized that it only really worked for me when lots of tanks were on the field and i could actually get them. With the high mobility of the game i would replace that MM with a ML, its range is what you will need in many battles, or go along the rout of lass cannon and plamsa gun and have this unit as a mid field unit to lay waist to armor . its up to you. i run combo grav, grav, and ML and that unit rocks. ( no power fists, again, bad idea, grab power maul or sword, save points)

Tac, Sgt combi flam, flame, heavy bolter, rhino

love this unit, i use it as one of my tac squads and it has won games for me.

Scout 5 Sgt. cc weapon, 3 sniper rifles, heavy bolter, all cloak

get sniper rifle for scout sergeant , his better BS is gonna help you a lot.

Devastator 5, 4 missiles

that should save you some points, get back to us on how much you have left and we will go from there.
    Last edited by teplicuss; 12-07-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Teplicuss, thank you for all the input. I really appreciate it.

I've already bought the models for the HG and was going to use the AOBR capt as one of them. What I bought is one with TH, one with relic, and one with the axe. Although, I haven't painted any of them yet other than the capt. I guess what my list making boils down to is still an attempt to use as much of what I have which boils down to 1 with power sword and bolter, 2 with power fists, 1 flamer, 1 melta, 1 plasma, 1 missile launcher.

As for the scout sergeant. It is the old model with the pistol and giant knife. I gave him the rolled up cloak. Can I just add a sniper rifle and call the knife a knife?

I really like your input. Can look look over my original post of what I have and maybe give me your take on a better list?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    flakk missiles = biggest waste of points ever in a sm army.
    Completely disagree. With tank hunter it's viable Soft-AA if you take enough. Having dedicated AA is a bit of a waste if your opponent doesn't field fliers; but chucking 2 or more flakk missiles in your dev squad gives you the ability to kill fliers without much of a points investment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12