BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 130 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I've been looking at all the pictures for a while now, and here are my thoughts;

Haruspex (tentacle mouth beast) - We can't really see the back or middle of the body, though we can make out a scorpion tail. This is a disgusting model to look at, and it fits perfectly with what Tyranids should be - a sickening foe to fight against. I'm really impressed that GW had the nerve to make such an outlandish model and throwback to the old Epic stuff. A great model! Rules wise, it is supposed to "obliterate armour like it doesn't even exist", which is likely a reference to it being able to tear Super Heavies and AV15 Fortifications to pieces with no difficulty. Possibility of Destroyer melee attacks, or it just outright 'eats' vehicles.

Exocrine (big gun beast) - This thing is a lot less 'inspiring' a design than the Haruspex, but it makes up for that by being a very solid looking model. It looks like an "evolution" of the Tyrannofex. Nothing amazing, but still a good looking model. I personally prefer the Haruspex. A good model! Rules wise, I can see where this will slot in. People forget that only one ranged weapon on a Tyrannofex exceeds 24", and that might change in the codex. The Tyrannofex is the medium range 'gunboat'. This thing is a *true* artillery piece. I'm expecting one/two Barrage Large Blasts with Strength 10 AP 2/3. It's even a possibility of being a Destroyer ranged weapon.

Harpy - Oh god yes. This has been easily the most requested Tyranid model ever, and it is just downright amazing. GW have actually managed to not only live up to the hype but, in my opinion, surpass it. A fantastic model. By the flying stand shot, this looks to be the size and width of a Heldrake, which fits just fine for me. A stunning model!

Crone (alternate flyer build) - Wow! Those little tentacle things daboarder quoted earlier are missile weapons on this thing's wings. This reminds me of a Starcraft 2 Brood Lord, and it is downright awesome. The mouth thing is odd, it looks almost like a baleflamer, but rules wise I expect all of this things' guns to be completely dedicated to anti-air. A great model!

Tyrant Guard - I really like these, though I understand why others don't. To me, they now actually look like they can SHIELD HIVE TYRANTS!!!! This looks like a model that will stand in front of a Hive Tyrant and actually take a shot for it. The weapons and overall design are cool, and I love the little Space Marine helmet it's clutching. Nice!

Hive Guard - Already gone over these, but next to the Tyrant Guard, I can definitely see what they were going for. I really like them.

Tyranid Prime - The pose isn't the best I think, but the model itself looks sick. It looks like a miniature Xenomorph Queen, and a throwback to the classic Hive Tyrants. Very nice. I prefer my converted one though

Warriors - They don't look *too* much different, but they are certainly an improvement. Thumbs up from me!

I have to say, this is a great release and it shows; the feedback has, unbelievably, been almost universally positive. This is the first release I can think of where there hasn't been a huge outcry to at least one model. And hey, this is 99% most likely just the first wave!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chaplain

aww didnt notice from the other pages, oh well

@ Learn2Eel - "This is the first release I can think of where there hasn't been a huge outcry to at least one model."

Proof that us Nid players are a happy bunch .

If you are right that this might be only the 1st release, I am over the moon. There goes all my monies for ever. I'm loving that Exocrine. I can just see the Biovores hanging out with it saying "When I grow up, will I be big like you?"

And I'm all over that Crone... ALLLL over it. I'm taking 8 of them. ALL OF THEM!!!

Best December surprise ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Dafuq???

what the hell did they do to the Tguard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Man.

Kind of let down honestly... I don't know if it has something to do with the scans or the colors they used but all of the models look a bit cartoonish.

The Harpy is a big letdown honestly. The angle of the wings coming straight out when it should be more organic is kind of silly. The body + straight wings make it looks like they took a plane model and slapped some tyranid living armor plates on it... gave it a nasty looking head and called it a day.

Can't see enough of the "alternative" flyer to really pass judgement on it.
    For one, these are the studio bland paint schemes (which don't accent the details well), and secondly, they are 2D photos. The wings have more "arc" to them than what appears in these photos. Even still, have you seen what the wings of creatures look like when soaring? Usually fully extended. We don't need all Tyranid wings to have the takeoff dynamic like the Hive Tyrant.

The Tyrant Guard are pretty complex and bulky in 3 dimensions. The "strong arms" are much better looking than the knuckle-walkers of the previous version, or the basketball player arms from the first version.

These also look far more vicious - much more likely capable of rampaging should the Tyrant die.

Oh, and they are plastic. And big. And did I mention plastic?

LOVING everything so far!! Especially the Graboid/Tremors mouth of the Haruspex!
    Last edited by doogansquest; 12-10-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    I'm confused about this too. The Tyrannofex is already the 'big gun MC', there doesn't seem to be any point in making another one.
    Did you just imply that you can, in fact, have too much firepower?

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Dafuq???

what the hell did they do to the Tguard?
    It reminds me of the little dinosaur that eats Dennis Nerdry in Jurassic Park, with the big frills.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by KrewL RaiN View Post
    YESSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMBSSSAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

/me does happy niddy dance

Man... the great devourer is going to eat my credit card...
    Lmfao!! I knooooooow!!!! And I just bought a new home and will be going to Asia in 2 weeks!... Time to go make donations at the fertility clinic!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daKrovar View Post
    finally a chance to bring my malefactors, exocrines and dactylis back to the table. That would leave the barbed hierodule for the apoc games. Has anyone seen which of the gargantuan bugs are in the escalation book?
    none of em :/ just the harridan. Im kind of wondering what sort of force org these massive bugs will take up, or if theyre expected to take a normal heavy slot. And at that how big theyll be compared to normal Apoc style choices in terms of size/points/power. I also have a few old battle-slugs. I find it interesting how the chain of Apoc Plastic Kits is slowly filling out the other models that armorcast/epicast produced. Forgeworld has already done a lot of the bigger walkers/titans/stompers/tanks. I had always wondered if they were going to do away with these creatures or bring them back since theyre still in some fluff from time to time

just saw the newest pictures posts. Battle slug time is on! im guessing though theyll be points comparable to the Tfex right now so bout high 200s to 300s. stoked. also given the nature of the flexibility of this design I dont see why they couldnt make a Malefactor out of that Haruspex, single brood transport of any non MCs to pop out where that purple template weapon is - previously it was "Acid Jets"
    Last edited by Arkhan Land; 12-10-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Chapter-Master

Too much awesomeness to handle. I've asked Endobai on Warseer if he can provide any more rules info, if he does, I'll let you guys know Praise be to everyone who has leaked this Tyranid stuff! You have officially made me want 1x Haruspex, 1x Exocrine, 2x Harpy, 1x Crone, and a bunch of Hive Guard and Tyrant Guard depending on how their rules fare, and that is just for STARTERS!
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

I just noticed a little tidbit on the Tyranid leak 4chan thread.
    Apparently Tervigons can purchase two new unique upgrades.

1) The Tervigon rolls 4D6 for spawning - 20 points.
    2) The Tervigon does not expend itself - 15 points.

Apparently you can take both at the same time...

If Tervigons only lose access to BRB psychic powers and gain these potential upgrades, I still think Tervigons will be a big part of competitive lists. Why? Termagants at 4 points per model mean a brood of 30 to make a Tervigon a Troops choice is only 70 points more per brood than it used to be, for +20 models. And if you can pay +15 points so that Tervigons don't "poop out", if anything, this kind of list will still be *very* strong!
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 12-10-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Doug OlsonDecember 10, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    Late reply indicated Tervigons can take a 20pt upgrade to roll 4d6 to spawning, and a 15 pt upgrade to avoid crapping out on doubles, and both could be taken together. So start painting more Gants!
    Anyone got more info on this? would be AWESOME!, screw the 4d6 I'd just go for the no crapping on doubles

ninja'd
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.