BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    Gonna have to agree. The wave serpents are already the strongest transport in the game without another power boost.
    If Falcons had it, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Id rather just give Howling Banshees grenades. You're telling me citizen militia can use them, but not specialized assault CC troopers? What you smoking Mr. Kelly, I want some.
    Phil Kelly is not the quality codex writer some have made him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Eldar:
    Wave Serpent- Serpent shield range reduced to 24", may not be twin linked by scatter laser
    Yes.

Nids-
    Only Hive Tyrant may roll on Biomancy chart
    Really, they should just remove all references to D3 in the whole Biomancy discipline.

Pyrovore- flamespurt gains Torrent. Alternate fire mode- flame jet 18" S7 AP1 melta assault 1
    And put them in pods, if you can't already. And make them cheaper.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    BRB, Power Maul (change): [Range] - [Strength] +3 [AP] 3, Unwieldy, Concussive Force

BRB, Power Axe (change): No longer have "Unwieldy".
    So a Power Maul would be a Thunder Hammer with 1 less Str and 1 Less AP for half the cost?

Axe would be a Power sword with +1 Str and 1 better AP for the same price?

These two changes would make the Power Sword, Spear, and Lightning claw obsolete, and unless you need both high strength and AP2, make the Power fist and Thunderhammer overcosted and redundant. That's just on Marines. On guard, it gets even crazier, with the Maul becoming a guard thunderhammer with 1 less AP for less than the price of a power fist.

Shuriken catapults should have the Destroyer rule. Lasguns should be assault 5, large blast

Seriously though, the couple I can think of are:

Serpent shield reduced to 36" range, but loses Ignore Cover and cannot be twin-linked by the Scatter Laser. I don't agree with the 24" range as that is inconsistent with the old Epic ability which is where it came from. 36" is the max range of most Eldar weaponry and should be sufficient if coupled with these restrictions.

Ability to assault out of vehicles if they are stationary.

Go back to the automatic hit if stationary/4+ if it moved/6+ if it moved flat out to hit vehicles. The treating as WS1 is idiotic as is always hitting rear armour. The only time you should hit rear armour automatically is if the vehicle didn't move. You cannot tell me that infantry of any kind can hit a fast skimmer doing 100+ mph across the battlefield reliably in the rear if they attempt to assault it (realistically if it's moving flat out, infantry should not be able to assault it - they'd just end up a brown spot on the countryside if they tried).

Baleflamer reduced to AP4 (there is zero reason for any flamer weapon to be anything better than AP4 IMO)

Vector Strike should not ignore cover (a flying monstrous creature should not be able to automatically catch a supersonic fighter aircraft period, nor should infantry hiding in a ruin or whatever not be able to simply jump aside or hide behind a rock to avoid it - idiot rule).

GoTN limit of 3++

There are others, but those are the ones that annoy me the most at the moment

Cheers, Gary
    Last edited by silashand; 12-12-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Death Company Tycho gains IC but my only join Death company.

It probably the tiny one that annoys me the most.

Chaplain

I'd agree with a previous poster that Furious charge should be returned to +1 I & +1 S. I think this would go some way to improving BA in the current edition

Librarian

Not a unit, but it fixes up one of my big pet peeves with 6th:

Characters who refuse a Challenge may fight normally in combat, and their Leadership value may still be used, but their unit suffers a -1 Combat Resolution penalty this round.

Characters may never be forced to issue or refuse challenges; a unit with character currently obligated to issue a challenge in a given round of combat will suffer an additional -1 Combat Resolution penalty on a turn in which the character did not issue a challenge when able (ie. on their own turn, or on a turn where an enemy has failed to issue a challenge).

Bulky and Very Bulky models suffer no penalties for refusing a challenge from a non-Bulky or Very Bulky character. Monstrous Creatures never suffer penalties for refusing or failing to issue a challenge.
    Last edited by Lexington; 12-13-2013 at 06:29 AM.

Interesting choice.

The challenge rules are fairly clearly a port in from Warhammer, where a refused challenge results in the character sulking up the back, where he gives no Ld benefit to the unit, and of course can't throw any punches.

I reckon the -1 to combat res isn't enough of a downside, but I do see where you're coming from. I'd say 'fights normally, but casualties caused by that character don't count toward the unit's combat resolution score'.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    If Falcons had it, though...
    I agree... but the idea just rubs me the wrong way. The primary role of the falcon is not supposed to be a transport. There is a lot of stuff that I really like about the Eldar codex but watching the wave serpent become a stronger gun platform than the falcon has not been easy.

Battle-Brother

For BRB tweaks was never a fan of the new wound allocation rules seems to significantly slow down the game. 5th edition wound allocation was okay but really just prefer 3rd and 4th edition style where the owning player just removed what they want. Also eliminates the finicky placement of your models I get some people might find that a more tactical part of the game but it doesn't sit well with me.

Chapter-Master

I agree. Though then some models didn't get their saves. If 5th ed wound allocation had been divvied up by saves rather than unique wargear, I think that would be perfect.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast