BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default When did BL stop writing about Warhammer?

So, ten days into advent and ten short stories set in the grimdark 40K universe. Not one for the world of Warhammer that we all know and love. What gives?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I was thinking something similar. In addition, the lack of 'non-evil' fluff and rules on the other half of the advent calendar. Pretty weak if you ask me from GW and BL.

Chapter-Master

Yeah. I don't want Chaos creatures or ghouls in my Empire army. It's not bad if you play 40k but pretty lame for Warhammer players.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

There's time yet.

Me, I'm still lapping up any and all Warhammer output!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Oh, plenty of time. I'm just amazed that all ten have been 40K. It doesn't exactly bode well.

Chaplain

Hopefully they're saving the best til last and by best I mean Lizards and Woodies

On reflection it is very frustrating that they have zero consideration for balance across games and armies.... :-/

Battle-Brother

Could it be they have not had any competent Warhammer authors who really get the Warhammer universe?
    Jen. - womenwithdice.blogspot.ca
    Dice Bags & More Custom Projects -http://www.kippersmelee.ca/dice-bags-more/

Chapter-Master

Hmm, not sure I'd agree with that. Some of the Time of Legends stuff is quite decent; Malus Darkblade is great; I gather Gotrek and Felix is pretty good.

BL have already said the theme of this year's calendar is Lords of the Space Marines, so I wouldn't expect anything except more Space Marine stories I'm afraid.