BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Initiate

Default Where to start with forgeworld?

Hey all,
    I've got about 6000 points of Dark Angels and after 3 years I'm finally in the process of painting them all.
    I would like to purchase some forgeworld tanks, dreadnoughts, etc. but I don't really know where to start.
    There are so many different books and I don't want to have to buy three different $100 books to use three different models.
    If anybody could point me in the correct or best direction I would really appreciate it.

Imperial Armour 2: Second Edition has all of the current rules for Space Marine vehicles in one location. As for an initial unit to purchase, I would recommend either a Sicaran Battletank (the accelerator autocannon is brilliant!) or a Storm Eagle gunship. Both are fairly substantial purchases, but they're both very solid units, and also specifically add something that DA can't cover within their book.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Librarian

After the IA:2 Book, i would look into Chaplin Dreads (for fluffy stuff) Fellblades (for apoc) Storm Eagles or a Thunderhawk (for flyers). The tarantula Turrets are fun, the Deathstorm drop pod is weird now, since you have to pay points for the Drop Pod Assault special rule...

the book really gives you everything you could want, vehicle wise, for Space Marines.

Where to start with Forge World? A trip to the bank to arrange a larger overdraft facility.

Chaplain

Sell...More...Kidneys...

Shop... on... ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Shop... on... ebay...
    Yeah, we all wonder how the Russians get those amazing "bulk discounts"...

If its your first attempt at modeling with resin then start slow. A dreadnought should do the trick.

Iron Father

My vote goes for a Dreadnought, but personally I'd say a Mortis Contemptor. This would be a the Contemptor kit, x 2 Kheres Assault Cannons and the Cyclone Missile Launcher.
    They look great, the kits easy to build and pose in all manner of positions, they are a good competitive choice and deal with flyers effectively, lovely to paint and if you do want to magnetise the arms that's dead easy too.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

If not a dreadnought grab yourself some DA vehicle doors, or some old mk rhino kits, or armour upgrades.
    What about the terminator shoulder pads?
    Little things you can add to you're existing force, and give you an idea of what you're working with.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast