BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Wow. We had better be missing out on something really, really good. Just like CSM turned into Codex: Heldrake and friends, this might be Codex: Harp/Crone. And that's assuming those actually turn out good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Wow, this is pretty aweful so far. Blinding Venom on a 6+? A single attack? Why? That's the most self-defeating bio-morph ever. And Regen got worse?? One roll? Hell, I'd take the old regen over that crap. Surviving a walk across the table is looking like it isn't an option at all. And if scything talons blow that bad, I'll have to completely restructure my army, glad they came with so many bits!

Plus side, 120 points of current gaunts scores 1 less hit than 120 points of the soon-to-be current gaunts.
    So hormagaunts, being cheaper naked, are actually better (in addition to moving 1" further across two turns on average... wee?). Plus they're AP6... so... that's... almost... something. Yay orks?

Losing re-rolls on things like Fexen and Trygons are what really hurts. Trygons may actually be replaced by cheaper SK fex broods, due to HoW bonus hits. Who knew.

And talons are there on MC's to give a bonus attack if you deck for CC - you're still AP2 by nature of being huge. Warriors, at least, have not lost the attack, so will benefit from Talons in the form of the bonus Attack. Don't know that we've heard of the stats of other mid-bugs... it seems only MC's confirmed to have gone down (and then the Fex can get the tail weapon to boot for an extra attack, though not as potent).

At this point, I'm kind of fed up. I'll probably talk myself into trying a few games... but...

Nids are appearing to be a shooty MC army. Just not what I wanted when I bought them.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by kublade View Post
    Wow, this is pretty aweful so far. Blinding Venom on a 6+? A single attack? Why? That's the most self-defeating bio-morph ever. And Regen got worse?? One roll? Hell, I'd take the old regen over that crap. Surviving a walk across the table is looking like it isn't an option at all. And if scything talons blow that bad, I'll have to completely restructure my army, glad they came with so many bits!
    Regen is a buff, and hivetyrnts can hand out fnp so.

I suppose it depends on the cost of the biomorphs and there is probably some things we are missing but so far the new nid dex sounds underwhelming again.

Regen sounds like IWND, but with a 4+, Tyranids are losing everything that sets them apart, and by far being made worse in my opinion. I'll read the whole book, play a few games, but my tyranids might just be for display in a few months if this is as bad as I think it is.

Edit: At least flesh hooks and spine banks are pretty much assault grenades, but flesh hooks losing rending? Perhaps Deathleaper/Lictor have rending as a stock rule for shooting/combat...
    Last edited by kublade; 01-07-2014 at 10:10 PM.

This is all really, really disappointing.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Alright Bigred Here's your summary.

Psychic Powers:

NO BRB ACCESS!

Dominion, primaris: blessing, targets psyker, +6" synapse, ML1

Catalyst: Blessing, FNP on caster and unit within 12" ML1

The Horror: Malediction, -2Ld Pinning test on unit within 24" ML1

Onslaught: Blessing, target may run and shoot, 24" ML1

Paroxysm: Maledition, -D3 WS, BS, 24" ML1

Psychic Scream: Nova 6" 2d6+2-Ld wounds, ignore armour, cover ML1

Warp Blast: witchfire
    24" S5 Ap3 Blast
    18" S10 Ap2 Lance
    ML2

RELICS:

Claws: S user, AP5 rending, if bearer kills model in CC gains Preferred enemy (that codex) for the rest of the game

Crown: +6 Synapse range

Cannon:
    Two Profiles
    36" S1 Ap4 Assault 1, Blast, Poison 2+
    Template S1 Ap4 Assault 1 Poison 2+

Ymgarl:
    Mechanic same as last codex with
    +1S or +1A or +1Sv

Sword
    S +1 Ap3 Shred, 6's to wound cause ID, +3 initiative

Biomorphs:
    Acid Blood, Enemy unit takes I test for each wound caused by it in CC, if failed take a S(3?) Ap2 hit, ignores cover

Acid Maw: Replace all attacks for single attack with
    S5 Ap2 Melee

Blinding venom: Replace all attacks for single attack with
    S3 Ap- Poison 6+, Blind

Regeneration: Roll a dice at end of turn if one or more wounds missing, 4+ regain a single wound.

Toxic Miasma: During assault phase, once a game at I1, Enemy units in assault with the tyranid takes a S3 Ap- Poison, ignore cover hit, the number of hits is equal to the number of enemy models in B2B

Flesh Hooks: Assault grenades:
    6" S user Ap- assault 2

Spine banks:Assault grenades
    8" S3 ap- assault1 blast

Toxin sacs: Poison

Wings: Turns MC's into FMC

Tails: single bonus attack, does not benefit from special rules, biomorphs or any other gear
    Bone: S8 Ap- Unwieldly
    Pincer: S6 Ap5
    Tresher: S4 Ap4
    Toxin: S1 Ap6 Poison 2+

Miscelanious

Shadow and synapse are two separate rules

Shrikes:IN
    Sky-slashers: IN
    Ymgarls: OUT

Fleshhooks on warriors and shrikes

Scytals: NO ADDITIONAL BONUS, S user Ap6 is all she wrote folks.

Haruspex: Regular MC pace

Trygon tunnel: No way to dedicate units to the tunnel

Toxin Sacs :10 pts

Ad glands: 15 pts

Regeneration: 30 pts

Acid Blood: 10 pts (haruspex may not take this)
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-07-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

That is quite frankly, ****ing brutal!
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by kjolnir View Post
    This is all really, really disappointing.
    yep. I had this though last week. I really started getting this dark feeling of "It's just going to be more of the same..." and it totally is.

I don't think they addressed any of the issues Nid players actually had. oh well.

Oh wait, we might get flesh hooks as assault grenades...but we lost attacks and re-rolls to hit.
    MC's got cheaper (so you can buy more models) - but they lost attacks and now have no quick way into combat (no spore pods)

I'm holding out for Eternal Warrior still. otherwise, my warriors still won't see the light of day.
    Last edited by AdamHarry; 01-07-2014 at 10:20 PM.

Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast